University of Texas students protesting open carry gun law with open carry dildo protest

[Read the post]

8 Likes

22 Likes

I thought dildos were illegal in Texas just … generally. I guess that’s not the case anymore.

Anyway, I’m in favor of this. It’s the best weapon in Saints’ Row, too!

17 Likes

It’s all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out…

19 Likes

See? That’s a protest that doesn’t have to worry about misspellings on a sign or two.

4 Likes

“Dildos Don’t Debauch People, People Do”

25 Likes

If they were illegal, then half the residence would have to vacate the state.

3 Likes

I continue to point out that while I may not agree with it, the constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. There is no such guarantee for dildos.

Until we amend the constitution we don’t have a legal right to tell people they can’t have guns. But there is no reason the government can’t ban public display of dildos if it deems it offensive to community standards.

On the other hand even if guns were deemed offensive, they would still be protected.

The constitution needs to be amended. If we start now, maybe we can make it happen in less than 50 years.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath.

It strikes me that the students are starting now. Besides, the right to bear dildos is so much more sensible.

18 Likes

I’ve been a proponent of doing that with those open carry kids that like to hang out in the baby aisles at Target…

7 Likes

The only thing better than a bad girl with a dildo is a good girl with a dildo.

23 Likes

Once it was illegal to have more than six dildos in Texas. Then a federal court & then the Fifth Court of Appeals ruled the law unconstitutional.

http://www.lonestarq.com/fact-check-dildos-really-illegal-texas/

9 Likes

“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”–The Constitution.

15 Likes

17 Likes

it is illegal to sell dildos as sexual aids but they can be sold as novelties so at the various stores that sell them you will find a prominent sticker that describes the object as a novelty.

7 Likes

Last I heard it was illegal to sell dildos except for “educational” purposes. I recall there was a police sting (go Texas!) a couple years ago that netted a sex shopkeeper who said something like “this one feels good.”

2 Likes

Of course not. They’re even elected Governor.

34 Likes

Or was it the other way around?

1 Like

In a well organized militia…that’s probably not college students on campus going to class.

Basically, our legislative and judicial branches could do a massive number of things to curb weapon use if they had the willingness to bother.

14 Likes