University of Texas students protesting open carry gun law with open carry dildo protest

You prefer the very large throbbing black ones?

Promise?

Endowed by your creator with these inalienable rights? The same fellows said that, right? Sorry, I don’t believe in God and just because a bunch of white, aristocratic slavers wrote something in the 1700s doesn’t mean that it is, you know, actually true. It isn’t sacred scripture. It’s a piece of paper composed of principles and ideas. Things change with the centuries. It isn’t a suicide pact.

1 Like

Wow!

Holy fucking crap man. That is an extreme position you have right there.

2 Likes

Hey man, Odin says we all have a right to fight and die or else we don’t get into Valhalla!

Right wing America is just a bunch of wannabe vikings waiting for their chance.

3 Likes

Not from God from the fact that you are a human being and as one you have the right to defend yourself. You also have the right not to defend yourself. It’s a lot like Gay marriage. What a Gay couple decides to do is their business. They have the right to be happy without anyone else messing with them. Why? Because they are human and it’s not hurting anyone and it’s necessary for their happiness/well-being. Same for me. If I want to be armed and I don’t threaten you with my gun than what exactly is your problem? That gun may very well be not only the key to my happiness but my life! As for the pink dildo I don’t expect college kids to act like adults. But if they want to be taken seriously they should. Or they can be laughed at and ridiculed for acting like children when the topic is something as serious as life and death.

You’re right, I typed faster than my mind worked. Gotcha moments are easy to find but they don’t change the reality of the situation. The founding fathers were not only talking about militias. Militias were only ONE of the reasons. They made it clear in their writings that this was the case. Take the time to read their works and you will see this is true. Now if you don’t agree with them and want things to change, that is fine. Work for change, but don’t start with the false premise that the second amendment only referred to militias because it’s simply not true.

You can have all the doubts you like. No skin off my nose.

A “right to defend yourself” (granted by whom, exactly, on what basis) does not mean “a right to own a firearm, unrestricted with no regulation or licensing.”

The coffins of dead children being buried every month by people who feel that there should be no restrictions in any way on firearm ownership in our society.

4 Likes

They also decided that black men (and only men, of course) counted as 3/5 of a man and that women didn’t need any say in government.

Let’s not take their ideas as holy scripture or make them into saints. They were, largely, rich aristocrats and, often, slavers.

9 Likes

Cripes. The radius where you get severely ill from radiation is greater than the range but not by much.

Just stuff a 38 special in a sock down there. Win-win!

1 Like

Eh, while many firearms enthusiasts seem to prefer the shape of a handgun to a dick, I’m a meat man and just find a good packer more aesthetically pleasing

Or, y’know, a sock or three works too.

1 Like

@nungesser posted the happy camper with built-in wood. Replace it with socks, guns or whatever : )

2 Likes

At summer camp in the BSA, we were constantly told to stay away from counselors who had visible wood. I ignored it and made some friends with awkward 17 year olds who had a little trouble not getting slightly turned on by “extra curvy driftwood” and such. They were cool guys. Just victims of their adolescence.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the supreme court would agree with this (5-4, anyway, since the court has a number of people who mistake their opinions for the law). I recall topless protests against laws requiring women to wear shirts where the courts ruled that if you were topless for the sake of protesting the law then it was protected by the first amendment.

As for the second amendment (not @cstatman, in particular), who cares? Obviously some states have laws that say you can’t sell guns to minors, some states have laws that restrict ownership of some weapons. I think swords are probably more regulated than guns in many places, but they are definitely “arms”. There are also laws that say you can’t encourage someone to kill someone on your behalf, even though you right to say, “You wanna kill that guy, I’ll give you $10,000” is speech.

Individual rights vs. good of society, we balance them.

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t get to say anything about those writings. I’m a woman, after all, and had no place in government according to them.

6 Likes

You have to understand English grammar and usage at the time. They didn’t say “the right of persons” which would indicate individuals, they said the right of the polity.

1 Like

She’s been doxed and getting rape and death threats.

Because of course.
She’s a lady in the world with opinions.

1 Like

I’m reading some articles on bullying, and even the best studies don’t have really dramatic results, which is typical of any psychological cohort study.

But there are three basic responses to bullying:

1. Ignore it completely and stay on mission based on the assumption that this is the thing that hurts the bullies the most.
  2. Strike back hard (which assumes the victim has lots of resources and free time).
  3. Play the mouse in a game of cat and mouse, which means alternate weak resistance and flight, which is of course the most attractive to the bullies.

But hey, I’ve been reading about “moral masochism” so that’s biased my thinking for the moment. .

I’m not sure that doxing someone and threatening to rape them is “bullying” - so we may have to agree to disagree on that one.

4 Likes

I can’t make sense of that. Come back back when you’re “sure” of what point you’re making.

That’s practically a model of the ineffectual response.