Unsealed video implicates Saudi government in 9/11 attacks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/21/unsealed-video-implicates-saudi-government-in-9-11-attacks.html

15 Likes

I guess we’ll see if the Bonesaw clan can bribe their way out of this one.

we’re at that magic threshold where the entire political and media class suddenly claims to have known this all along, despite treating it mostly as conspiracy theory or cynical naivete until at least the late 2010s.

The House of Saud was arguably a pioneer in on-line disinfo in the early oughts. When someone on a BBS would speculate about the Saudi regime’s involvement in the attack, very often a new user would suddenly pop up to paint them in the terms you describe.

I strongly suspect that, in addition to PR flunkies, a lot of those tr0lls were U.S. government officials with lifestyles that significantly exceeded their incomes.

20 Likes

What’s with the header image, was NGC 1546 the 20th hijacker?

1 Like

Famously: “Saudi Arabia pays cash.”

4 Likes

wordpress is bloated and easily broken—and then there’s the CDN it comes with!

5 Likes

I thought it was pretty well established that the Saudis were the masterminds behind 9/11, and we mostly ignored that because the Saudis were rich and had oil, and Shrub wanted to git Saddam more than he wanted to inconvenience the super-rich Saudis.

10 Likes

That was true outside the Beltway. Inside, there were a lot of politicians, defense and oil industry lobbyists, intelligence and DoD and State Dept. officials, and PR firms who were pushing a different narrative, until … well, until now.

9 Likes

Now let’s see if they have Elon fly X into the 2024 election.

5 Likes

I mean, yes, let’s prosecute the Saudis, but how about the Bush administration, too? they were blatantly protecting SA. and everyone knew it.

8 Likes

I thought we already knew the Saudis were involved? Or at least elements of it?

6 Likes

The Bushes and the Saudis go way back…

4 Likes

Right? This feels like old news.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.