Unusual children's books

[Permalink]

6 Likes

I am reminded of Scarfolk Council.

1 Like

I’ve long suspected that Rob is a member of Scarfolk council.

3 Likes

Woah, episcolalians looks rad!

4 Likes

Until they appear in your neighborhood, with their literature, their grappling-hooks, their grapeshot cannonades, and their hymns.

8 Likes

Dear Rob,

Please black out more often.

Thank you,

The Mgt

7 Likes

No source link? Did you make these, Rob?

I did. The source material for the shoops are mostly covers of ladybird childrens’ books.

1 Like

Cool, now write 'em!

3 Likes

Don’t forget Zogg. The title is not so impressive, but read the book.
http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/zogg/zogg1.html

3 Likes

Not so long ago I was trawling the darker side of the Net in search for free versions of overpriced technical literature, and stumbled on the Net over a book that I found I mostly wrote. “Frances Metzger - Failure Modes of Electronics”, from 2011, from some obscure Delhi publisher.

Most of the content is copypasted from Wikipedia, quite high portion from the articles and article parts I wrote. (The 2011 version, as some got rather badly plowed over afterwards with a lot of information lost. Todo: edit it back.)

I decided to be flattered.

3 Likes

I should have pointed out the image (was also by Rob?) from this thread, where this conversation is a perfect fit, if you would be so kind as to cross-post.

According to my amazon account, I ordered them last night. So I guess there might well be.

Indeed it was. Made, of course, with copied stock art

1 Like

Thank you for this. Many years ago, I would read The Little Golden Book About God to my tikes, changing the words to suit the dead-eyed characters and their wanderings. My version was also a tale of world conquest, and I particularly remember when the zombie-girl inhaled the blood of the Bird-Folk. My then spouse, a deeply rooted fundy x-tian, couldn’t help but laugh, even though she hated my version. Delighted to see this idea is out and about and touching others’ lives.

4 Likes

I’m an Episcopalian and am wondering why we’re depicted as pirates :smiley: I thought pirates were associated with the FSM ?..

1 Like

Hey, we have a great Hymnal! All classic stuff. None of that mid- to late-20th cent. fluff. And certainly nothing that’s a sappy rendition of “Me and My BFF Jeeeezus”.

Jeebus is my BFF (best fuck friend). “Jebus fucks me, this I know! For my daddy tells me so…”
Er, I should really stop now, shouldn’t I…

1 Like

The third one down is the original cover for the Velveteen Rabbit. So… German version of the Velveteen Rabbit?

1 Like