Unvaccinated high school student is suing the health department for banning him from school during a chicken pox outbreak

I just wanted to raise the point a couple times for later in case people start supporting this whiny brat. Sorry if it sounded like I was jumping on ya

2 Likes

Can confirm. I got it at thirty. It removed me from the world for three weeks during which I suffered from delirium, incredibly high fevers, complete inability to walk or take care of myself in any way and this was while being, otherwise, perfectly healthy, and on heroic doses of antiviral medication.

Seriously, people, if you didn’t have it as a kid, get the goddamn vaccine.

8 Likes

You can’t reason people out of opinions they didn’t reason themselves into lol

But that is kind of a neat idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ergh. Watching monitized YouTube videos of people reading stories from /r/entitled parent is a guilty pleasure now and then. (And then I have to trim out the several people mining /r/ from my results … until the next time.)

Hard to tell without reading the original literature. The CDC Pink Book has the following to say:

The virus was attenuated by sequential passage in human embryonic lung cell culture, embryonic guinea pig fibroblasts, and in WI-38 human diploid cells.

The question I’d like for him to answer, if he’s thought about it, is “What should have been done with the aborted tissue?” It wasn’t aborted for the sake of the experiment (and it might have arisen from a miscarriage). Should such tissue just get tossed? It’s a reasonable question to pose for a medical ethics discussion, but I suspect he hasn’t gotten quite that far.

5 Likes

And how does he feel about organ and tissue donations. But like you said, doubt much thought went into this families decisions.

3 Likes

You misread @Mongrove’s comment: The alternate Earth student got severely ill because their world’s health department didn’t stop them from going to the site of an outbreak.

6 Likes

Agree. I think the premise was that if he’s this much of an entitled litigious prick, then it was probably a case of sued if you do, sued if you don’t

3 Likes

I guess that also explains why so many oppose programs to feed the hungry.

10 Likes

Wow, dude , you are wrong on so many levels. But I am guessing you also believe there is huge conspiracy to suppress the truth, and that the CDC whistleblower is a thing, and that vaccines cause autism. I don’t have the time.

7 Likes

“So let’s just let him become the latest student to get the disease from this school outbreak, thus allowing him to become a threat!”

3 Likes

Yes, this is why you’re not supposed to cheat Jesus out of His opportunity to heal you, by not getting sick in the first place because you’ve been vaccinated.

4 Likes

The risk of him becoming the next carrier at the school to infect others isn’t his to take.

21 Likes

You keep betting. Do you have any money left?

14 Likes

Again, you are wrong, pretty much about everything. Science works, you should try it.

18 Likes

He’s not gambling with money.

He’s gambling with other people’s lives.

20 Likes

It’s so nice that he willing to threaten the health and well being of others. What a sweetheart.

13 Likes

Please explain how an ongoing disease outbreak is NOT like a brush fire.

Please explain how the population who can still become infected are not the brush in this metaphor.

Please explain how some kid refusing to remove himself from the pool of potential infections is not like dumping leaves on the ground in the middle of a brush fire.

But basketball!

8 Likes

Me too, though not as bad, except for the fact it was difficult to sit down.

1 Like

14 Likes