Update: "The Electric Slide" is *not* about a vibrator, according to songwriter

Is it just me or … eew

That one is pretty subtle… I think it might be about chartered accountancy?

It’s like this song by Dresden Dolls… I know some people think it’s about, um… personal time, but actually it’s about the difficulty of making a well-set panna cotta. The title is just there to mislead the listener.

3 Likes

This is fake news. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/electric-slide-written-vibrators/

BUT THE HEADLINE SHOULD BE HOLY CRAP BUNNY WAILER, THE BLACKHEART MAN, MEMBER OF THE WAILERS, CONTEMPORARY OF PETER TOSH AND ONE OF THE LAST LIVING REGGAE OLDGUARD ICONS WROTE THAT STUPID BAR MITZVAH SONG!

6 Likes

“There are some school kids,
yelling and running,
they barely notice,
that I am coming…
back to the fridge to,
check my panna cotta.”

Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

2 Likes

Hey, it worked for Steely Dan.

http://www.feelnumb.com/2013/06/03/steely-dan-band-name-inspired-from-a-strap-on-dildo-in-williams-s-burroughs-naked-lunch/

1 Like

I know, right?

Tipper Gore would undoubtedly have a conniption, but it’s only 'cause she’d be reading into it too much. That song is all on the surface.

2 Likes

Bunny Wailer - in Kingston ‘where he currently resides’ Really? who’d have thunk it?

1 Like

I’ll just be leaving this here:

My HS football team wanted to use The Kinks ‘Lola’ as the team song.

I wonder who broke it to them?

3 Likes

BB is as unreliable as UrbanDictionary :frowning:

1 Like

We’re still talking about masturbation aids, right?

6 Likes

Nah, it’s clearly about a Manic Pixie Dream Girl (or Guy). Childish and silly, hiding under stairs and flashing her rainbow panties at people, skipping around town smiling at everyone and seizing the moment, flying high above all the cloudy mundane dreariness of life.

Stop the sexytalk already, chartered accountancy is totally sexist!

2 Likes

Anyway, this is a vibrator:

2 Likes

Also apparently not about having a wank.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.