Update: "The Electric Slide" is *not* about a vibrator, according to songwriter

Depends on the type; they’re not all “visible” while in use.

VB

9 Likes

Got it. But I have a feeling that Ruthanne Friedman’s intent was a touch more… pedestrian.

PS: Check out her “Songbook” MP3 samples on Amazon. Her “Windy” demo (and her other studio stuff) works! I was thoroughly surprised by her folk-Bohemian voice.

Note: On “Windy”, the character is apparently male, not female. She says “he” in the song.

2 Likes

There’s actually a word for that: mondegreen

1 Like

“Uptight, outta sight, and in the grooove!”

8 Likes

Some listeners (mistakenly) thought that “My hands felt just like two balloons” from Pink Floyd’s The Wall had to do with that also.

1 Like

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-TSA-Hates-Your-Vibrator-How-to-safely-fly-2587389.php

2 Likes

Not Cyndi Lauper’s SheBop. There is only one way to interpret that. If you question it, check out the video, she points to the self service sign at a gas station.

6 Likes

Never heard that before. What a lousy song.

Not likely.

To me it always seemed like an alternative theme song for That Girl.

1 Like
8 Likes

If I owned that, there would days with me spending 30 seconds wondering why my car door isn’t opening.

5 Likes

Speaking of which, I was once privileged to watch an all-white small-town high school chorus perform YMCA. I am confident both parents and kids would drop dead if they learned the meaning of that song.

8 Likes

FAKE NEWS

3 Likes

Okay, but now we’re gonna need a mashup of this and something by Steely Dan.

2 Likes

Tickle me indeed…

2 Likes

No, that song could also be interpreted in multiple ways. For example even though it’s obviously about this:

you could say it kind of sounds like she’s talking about masturbation.

1 Like

Aw, comeon. Next you’ll tell us the song “Mama’s Got a Squeeze Box” is about playing the accordion!

8 Likes

Ok, but where are we on “When I Think About You, I Touch Myself”?

10 Likes

Believe me or not, that is the first time I have ever heard that song. And I only lasted about 35 seconds before I had to shut it off.