UPDATED: Without warning, after hours, House GOP dismantles ethics watchdog

Why stop there…

3 Likes

Breitbart is claiming something that’s actually literally happening, which the public can read for themselves, isn’t happening?

I have to wonder what people who read that site are thinking. Do they wonder who’s lying? Does it concern them a tiny bit to think that every news source but theirs has one version of the truth, and Breitbart has another, or does it make them feel like they’re in a secret “truthiness” club?

9 Likes

You know, who gives a fuck what they think? They’re wrong. They’re propagandists. Even posting a screen shot of their lies is giving their opinions too much credit.

7 Likes

I’m intrigued by this “after hours” thing; did they sneak in after the janitors had left or something?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/816283866595991552

14 Likes

There is at least a possibility the land will still be here and still be land.

So the “Country” should still survive.

10 Likes

The coastlines will likely move inland a bit though.

15 Likes

Mar-a-Lago disappearing under the waves will be bleakly amusing.

14 Likes

Will it flood out DC? I haven’t looked at recent projections…

5 Likes

We’ve been assured that the drainage system should be underway any day now.

8 Likes

DC disappearing under the waves would be refreshing.

2 Likes

http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/washington.shtml

They’re far enough up the Potomac River that it will take about 5-6 meters of rise before it starts taking serious bites out of the city (note that this does not include the effects of a rising water table, though)

5 Likes

Swamped

9 Likes

Give the GOP some New Year credit here. Right at the get-go, its congressional cave trolls rigged the famous alt-right mirror-logic machinery into place to “justify” this cartoonish swamp villainy. Laugh, cry, or start shouting. The war is on!

5 Likes

“Regulations only get in the way of Capitalism”

There remains literally no GOP / Conservative backlash against Trump and the establishment.

His AM-Radio addled demographic loves it and it’s more fun for him than the duties of the office for which he has little interest in performing.

6 Likes

An autocrat is nothing without his enemies, especially a right-wing populist confidence artist. That’s why his honeymoon period with Putin is going to be a very short one.

8 Likes
10 Likes

“Guys… guysssssssss… wait for him to take office before you’re up to no good! I know it’s hard to be patient, but let’s give the impression that it’s not a grift-fest!”

Why worry about Putin when his fans and well-wishers hate our own people more?

9 Likes

There’s some pushback from GOP members who don’t trust him at all.

And noted racist asshole Joe Walsh regularly calls out Trump’s idiocy even while reaffirming that he’s a “Trump supporter”.

4 Likes

Snark from a supporter is still support.

Of course the GOP is suspicious of him, I’m saying there’s not going to be pushback unless he screws some pooch, literally, while signing gun control legislation.

5 Likes