Upside-down coffin filled with medieval weapons discovered in wooded area

I was thinking mom. This was a mother’s day present from some mid 30’s guy, the “card” was delivered verbally and went like this: “I said I’m doing it mom! I’ve been looking for a job!”

I don’t mean instead of metal weapons, I mean instead of professionally-made foam/latex weapons like these.

No, they’re mostly blunted metal. You can’t pass off plastic or latex as steel at close range.

I hear lots of stories of guns being cast rubber so actors don’t hurt themselves when they’re swinging around or jumping over things, even using them in holsters so they don’t hurt themselves if they fall. Yeah, there are higher quality metal versions used for closeups and the like, but in a longer shot when people are moving, generally rubber.

Gotta be LARPers. Wonder if one of them is Jake Rush, that Tea Partier who’s running for Congress who was recently on the Colbert Report.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/watch-stephen-colbert-interviews-vampire-larping-candidate-jake-rush/

I will just leave it here…

That´s why! XD

1 Like

Ah, it may be different for guns, since they often have a matte black finish that rubber can mimic decently. It’s trickier for blades; we expect them to have a distinctive heft and catch the light in a certain way. I’m sure there are some wood/latex/rubber/whatever props used, but I believe they’re less common.

I think that box fell out of my van.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.