US cosmetics "full of" ingredients banned in Europe

This is so true in a technological society. How can the average person be expected to have advanced degrees in chemistry, physics, biology, materials science, a law degree, and an MD? We bought a dishwasher that sucks, and if you use it on high temp, it smells like the road is being repaired. That’s because he sound insulation (if only the dish washing worked so well) is “bitumen.” Which is a fancy word for “tar.” Which when hot releases all sorts of interesting chemicals.

2 Likes

Anders Breivik, the norvegian terrorist, has deliberatley registered as a farmer to obtain the amount of fertilizer to built his bomb. Obviously there are more of these restrictions as we expected.

One method to get rid of these could be to sell these industries to foreign countries. As soon as Monsanto sold to the germans, “suddenly” Glyphosat was acknowledged as carcinogen and now huge amounts of money given to some random people.

BTW.: You dont know what crook these are. Maybe they support some nazi-party, Donald Trump, imposters or other crooks, which promise them to heal with snake-oil – or even some televangelists (…eeek). I am shure, they will be molested now by much shady people. I think I wont have had suddenly so much money.
It would have been better to give this money to the government as penalty… I think effectively it would be democratic and better, as they could help much more people which are affected too and now dont got anything.

When you’re purchasing cosmetics or body care products (soaps, lotions, toothpaste, and so on) in the US, and you’re concerned about any of these 1300+ banned ingredients being in your product, look for a small, lowercase “e” on the front side of the packaging. That means it conforms to sale within the EU in its present form, and won’t have any of them.

1 Like

…And then siccing a team of attack-lawyers on a little old lady recovering from skin graft surgery. The jury awarded the victim $3M, but the judge reduced it to $640,000. We don’t know what she actually received, because a confidential settlement was reached, but I hope and dream that the settlement involved dousing the McDonald’s executive who thought this was all ok with 190 degree water in the crotch.

4 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t fall for the dihydrogenmonoxide hoax? (It’s a pretty good one but still a hoax.)

Positive. Someone has a new bottled water out that is a spin on that hoax. I just can’t remember the name of it and the terms are too generic to yield good google results.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.