US investigators corroborate elements of Russia dossier on Trump, CNN reports

That happened the moment the law was written.

“The court has made its ruling; now let them enforce it”.

Subverting democracy and shitting on constitutional norms is not a new thing in American politics. Check out the bullshit the proto-Confederates pulled in the lead up to the Slaver’s Revolt.

1 Like

Sure, but can we at least give him credit for saving our relationship with Japan? That was a close call!

I’m actually starting to think that nothing will stick to the Teflon Donald. He has weathered enough shit to doom a hundred candidates already, and he’s still here pitching daily tantrums. I don’t want people to stop trying, but it’s discouraging!

I actually think this Trump thing might be the best blessing in disguise that could have happened.

Now I need to drag my sick ass out of bed, get down to the Baltimore Convention Center, and tell me some House Democrats what I think. That’s a phrase I never would have typed before this election, by the way, and while I’m not proud of that, I am happy that myself and so many others have been activated in a way I’ve never seen.

1 Like

My position is that the election was manipulated and must be redone. New candidates - new primaries - the whole thing. All executive orders - shit can, all appointments rescinded, people who knew and covered it up - jail - particularly GOP leadership.

I want not just the removal of Trump but a systematic smack down, and if warranted dismantling of the GOP. Pursuit of party power over the welfare of the US can not be tolerated.

And yes, there will be chaos. But preferable to a president who is powned by Russia. Its chaos no matter what, so I’ll take chaos that results in Trump out of the presidency.

1 Like

The horrifying thing is… What would embarrass trump?

1 Like

Trump could not pass security clearance either. Does he get a pass because he was elected? Frankly if he can not pass security, he should not be president.

1 Like

I think we should have a new election, one that has paper ballots and can be counted manually as back up. This b.s. of having it all electronic, where it can be hacked is just stupid. The US people need protection. It needs to be completely above board.

Anything that shows him being submissive.

Trump paying Russian teenagers to piss on a bed: no problem. Trump paying Russian teenagers to piss on him: game over.

3 Likes

I know I asked you for your ‘dream come true’ scenario, but the people you want thrown out are the same people who have the power needed to accomplish it. Short some kind of miracle, what you’re asking for just isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

Any scenario in which there is an increased probability of a President Bannon is a scenario to avoid.

To anyone who might know the answer: is there even a legal mechanism for recalling a federal general election in the U.S.? I’d ask Google but I prefer learning new things from the people here.

1 Like

No, no, no, no!

1 Like

So y’all need to think of alternatives.

The US electoral system is already heavily rigged, and the TrumpGOP are going to turn that up to 11 over the next few years.

So, you’ve got two alternatives: either drive non-voter turnout through the roof (the only way to overcome voter suppression and the gerrymander) or start looking for non-electoral options. When 20% of the country seize power and start recreating the Confederacy, ballot-box attendance just ain’t enough.

The first alternative is preferable, but unlikely. Hope for the first, plan for the second.

2 Likes

Probably not, but we are not that far away - if the evidence is revealed that will make Trump’s resignation obvious, then GOP leadership that knew as well will fall down. Its just a few senators to tip the balance.

1 Like

It’s worth a try… Bring the salacious stuff out, please… and pass the popcorn! :wink:

3 Likes

Will be spun as a libtard conspiracy. It is not enough to oust shit leaders when their support feels that shit-gibbon was the only one listening to them. You cannot go 'we do not need these people. You MUST not go ‘sit down and shut up you worthless piece of white trash. The adults are talking.’

They need to feel their concerns as americans are being addressed or you end up with having. Deal with a near literal army of people willing to keep this shitstain or another like him in office at all cost.

It might not be about embarrassing him, but about damaging his brand. Already we are starting to see his main source of revenue, the licensing of his name, taking a downturn. If he were truly shamed publicly with irrefutable evidence of “perveted sex” or worse, underage prostitution, he’d lose a lot of money, and that’s really what matters to him.

Also, remember that he may very well have a pre-nup that allows Melania to divorce from him (with substantial cash penalties) in case of “moral turpitude” and that again would be a blow to him.

As for the idea of impeaching him based on this dossier, I think it’s a substantial likelihood at this point. If republicans really believed that he had, for instance, taken a softer position on Russia or removed sanctions under threat of blackmail, that would be HC&M, if not treason. Then there’s always the possibility of Article 25 proceedings finding him incompetent to hold office because of the leverage that Russia had over him.

Even saying these things makes me think I’ve gone straight to the wacko-conspiracy side, but I really do think there’s something there, and that if US intelligence proves it, congress will have no choice but to act.

2 Likes

All this proves one thing. Piss off your intelligence guys at your own peril.

1 Like

Many thanks for the explanation! I can’t imagine what Trump would have to do to get enough Republicans to vote for impeachment. But these are interesting times.

Best line evar!

5 Likes

Join the Democratic Party?

4 Likes

Agreed, but maybe, just maybe, that would form the seed of destruction. House is eventually goaded into impeachment proceedings, much to trump’s fury, so he begins lashing out at the House in all the juvenile ways he’s done so far. Now the House gets pissy with trump, and the more those two snipe at one another, the more likely the proceedings continue to fruition.

But then, I didn’t think America had the overwhelming stupidity to vote for such a turd, and considering Chaffetz always was a spineless little douche, I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes