US Marines discharge corporal for violating mask mandate for unvaccinated troops

George Washington didn’t require vaccinations, but only because vaccines as we know them today didn’t exist.

What Washington required was innoculation, which was orders of magnitude more dangerous than vaccination but still a better option than allowing smallpox to run unchecked through his army.

34 Likes

I know they didn’t wear them all the time, but gas masks have been around since at least WWI, and I can’t imagine their use was voluntary.

13 Likes

You are correct. I used the wrong word.

4 Likes

Yeah, I believe because of the danger (you actually did get sick because you were being exposed to live virus), he only required new recruits to be inoculated. You’d be out of commission for about two weeks after being inoculated, so inoculating already active troops wasn’t really practical.

9 Likes

I think lightning-fast is the key phrase here. You don’t keep someone in a fighting force that is going to sow dissent among the ranks, especially when they’re trying to kill your soldiers with their stupidity.

It takes weapons-grade stupidity to be the dumbest Marine in the Corps. She’s lucky to get out with just a general discharge.

18 Likes

Yeah, I just gave it a quick search and all the top results are nutty.

4 Likes

Keep ‘em away from pencils. Other sharp objects, too.

11 Likes

And the screens on their cell phones.

16 Likes

Semper F.O.

10 Likes

14 Likes

That is really cursed.

5 Likes

Innit XD

3 Likes

After observing what happened to those who didn’t wear them, I imagine gas mask use got popular real fast.

12 Likes

Don’t insult that lovely image by association with Ann Coulter!

6 Likes

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! He looked sickly, because all of his de-worming medicine had been consumed by fools.

12 Likes

McHaffie said that she objects to any mandates on health care.

Oddly enough, I don’t recall ever being given a choice for opting out of what to do about my healthcare when I was in the service. It essentially came down to “Report to this location at this time. You’re getting this done.” It may have changed in the last 30 years, but I kind of doubt that’s the case.

Re: Gas masks.

I’m lucky that I never had to use one in actual conditions, but I did get to spend a lot of time doing my job in full chem gear for entire long shifts during exercises. Once the (first) Gulf War started, we carried the gear with us to every shift, although again, luckily never needed it at my duty station. I find it odd that the contingent that usually seems to have such a collective erection for the military likes to whine about the difficulty of wearing a cloth mask (nevermind the full chem suit) for an extended period.

I always have one with me, but I usually don’t wear one when I’m outside for a run, although I don’t go near people. Out of curiosity, I did wear one for a run and I absolutely concede that it did interfere with my breathing … after about 15 minutes of my easy run pace of 10 kph – not exactly a problem for those wearing one just to go to the grocery store.

19 Likes

We used to do formation runs in MOPP4 back in the day at about that pace.

12 Likes

Whew, yeah. It’s funny, I’m actually in better shape for running now because I’m not being told I have to do it, so I actually enjoy it, but I think I’ll pass on the full kit!

7 Likes

I found that pic on tumblr. I am not responsible for its content. :wink:

3 Likes

Holy shit, that is some twisty logic there. Masks violate the commandment against bearing false witness… I will have to remember that. I am sure it will come up a whole lot now.

9 Likes