US Postal Service issues Dungeons & Dragons stamps

Originally published at: US Postal Service issues Dungeons & Dragons stamps | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The geeks and Happy Mutants win again!

[Xtianists, you lose again.]

10 Likes

The USPS website doesn’t appear to have stamps available for pre-order. :frowning:

2 Likes

We’ve come a long way! I just wish it had more of the older artworks. Maybe stamps of people playing? The Iconic dice? A sheet of a large scene where each stamp is a character or creature?

Just snippets of some previous art (of which most of it must be newer as I don’t even recognize it) seems very lower effort. :confused:

But still - middle school me would be shocked, shocked I say!

10 Likes

Me reading the headline: “You just know Drizzt is going to be on one of them.”

Me reviewing the artwork: “At least they didn’t pick the most overused drawing of him.”

5 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when D&D was “satanic”. Times, they are a-changing…

9 Likes

Needs moar Erol Otus or Jack Chick or maybe a mashup of the two.

5 Likes

No complaints here.
I had to call my wife and say “There’s going to be a Drizzt stamp!”

7 Likes

The Wolverine of D&D! A character I really enjoyed but got tired of seeing all the time. Can’t argue with the choice though, since he is iconic.

6 Likes

It’s such a low-res image on the announcement page, but I’m assuming that’s Tiamat the Dragon Queen?

5 Likes

Ha, understandable.
To be honest I haven’t followed dnd much in the past 25 years, but late 90’s me loved Forgotten Realms.

4 Likes

I don’t remember the exact place it appears, but that top right stamp is an iconic image

4 Likes

… I like the one with Galactus :crazy_face:

3 Likes

giphy-1894709345

4 Likes

Dungeons And Dragons Wrestling GIF

3 Likes

Are these actual stamps, or the new type of stamps that are stickers?

Last time i got a random person to send me the john oliver stamps from the usa and they where just stickers and i was not impressed…

No, definitely forever stamps. My wife and I are very excited, can’t wait to buy a bunch of these to use for the next few years. Might have to start writing more letters to friends.

1 Like

Might try and get some then, ty

2 Likes

I think that’s the cover art from the original version of the DM Guide. One of the few I actually recognize, since a lot of the work appears to be more recent.

Are you referring to how they adhere to paper? I’m pretty sure all the forever stamps adhere like stickers now. Not paste that has to be moistened

4 Likes