US Senate proves climate change is not caused by humans by voting on it

FWIW, Johnson (R-WI) is up for re-election, possibly against the dude who voted against the PATRIOT act back in 2001, Russ Feingold. I dunno 'bout the rest of 'em, but that guy seems bootable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not news:

Posted Jan. 22, 2015, at 6:59 a.m.
3 Likes

Maybe so, but the relevant question here is: is it blogs

1 Like

Excellent. As one from an economic competitor, this pleases me.

2 Likes

And the 90 percent of their rank-and-file constituents who were delighted when gasoline went from $4 a gallon to $2.50, and who want it to stay that way.

1 Like

Never send a lawyer to do a humanā€™s job.

5 Likes

ā€œCLIMATEā€ - ā€œWEATHERā€, for the final time GOPā€™ers they are two completely different things, NOT THE SAME SAME, DIFFERENT, get it, learn it, know it.

Roger That!

1 Like

Great idea. Iā€™ll be lobbying for luminiferous aether and for scaly dinosaurs.

2 Likes

Give it upā€“senators donā€™t have scales.

2 Likes

However, a lot of them are dinosaurs.

1 Like

I know Iā€™m pointing out the obvious but this crap drives me nuts. You take something that SHOULD have nothing to do with politics and it goes straight down the party line with rare exception. These people are not there to think. They are there to stay in line - because stepping out of line is suicide. If they donā€™t piss off the 55% of the voters who voted them in office, theyā€™d piss off their fellow party members. Voting out of line is dangerous - means you donā€™t get on the good committees and what not.

I swear sometimes that if you asked them all to call heads or tails, theyā€™d see what the party wanted first. And then youā€™d have Democrats calling tails and Republicans calling heads. Except one dude who will getting a talking to afterwards.

9 Likes

I like this alot.

As if they actually need gasoline for anything! So itā€™s hardly a bargain at any price.

Just gonna drop this here, too:

ā€œThe answer is that all weather events are affected by climate change because the environment in which they occur is warmer and moister than it used to be.ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten so used to this shit from congress that now when I read about a vote like this, all I can manage is a weary, Oh, for fuckā€™s sakeā€¦ So I guess the anti-scientific forces are winning.

1 Like

Legitimacy of US Federal laws? No, I donā€™t think so. And this is why.

1 Like

What I donā€™t get is that a lot of these people grew up during the cold war when we regularly talked about the result of setting off all the nukes in the world - a nuclear winter. We know we can change the weather. We know we can destroy all life on the planet.

9 Likes

As long as the population of the earth keeps growing at its present rate all the global warming talk is a bunch of people blowing out a lot of hot air for no reason, sorry but true, face it - have a nice day.

There were people who pooh-poohed, or, dare I say it, ā€œdeniedā€, the risk of nuclear winter. Some of them did so for political reasons-- the idea, ( some would say "fantasy) of a limited nuclear war informed the strategy of deterrence, for better or for worse.

4 Likes