USPS's new trucks deemed adorable

I really love the design. It looks crisp and cartoony in a way that reminds me of the aesthetics of Team Fortress 2 and Psychonauts. The fact that it has right-hand drive to make the postworkers lives easier, and it has proper air conditioning, are also excellent features that factor in the well-being of postworkers in ways that the prior trucks simply haven’t.

Thank you for this very important correction. :roll_eyes:

Almost all cars are engineered for both now. But they are not built both ways in all countries, so it’s a special request for the USPS regardless. I was responding to the suggestion that they simply use off the shelf vehicles.

Please leave me alone now.

1 Like

These are the (all electric) postal vehicles of the German postal service. Unfortunately they stopped building them last year and are now going to buy ready made EVs instead. These ones were built by the postal service itself but it just wasn’t economical to do that.

Interestingly enough, also based on a Transit chassis.

5 Likes

Looks like a hybrid of Postman Pat’s mail van
FB7LHFSJB3ZPO82

And the postman pat police car

8 Likes

I take it back, apparently it was just announced that only 10% are planned to be electric, which is outrageous.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-24/post-office-purchase-of-gasoline-truck-seems-to-defy-biden-order

10 Likes

This seems to be getting some press, so hopefully there is something that can be done to look into the award and either throw it out, or adapt it to require more EVs. It’s insane at least the ones for urban areas wouldn’t be electric by mandate…

2 Likes

Get me one in red with panels instead of back windows, and I will be happy for a long time.

3 Likes

I refuse to accept that Greendale has police. It is a perfect market-anarcho-communist utopia so there would be no need for them.

2 Likes

Then explain Mrs Goggin’s shop?

6 Likes

Very well!

In case anyone’s interested in why the new vehicles look this way…

Here’s Why the New USPS Mail Trucks Look So Weird | The Drive

4 Likes

I like it! It’s got a nice zing to it!

2 Likes

The fact that it has right-hand drive to make the postworkers lives easier

Aren’t the current ones right-hand drive?

And I saw something extremely similar to this delivering mail in my neighborhood a few weeks ago.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

It works well for me. Yes, the weak point is packages, but even package delivery previews are at least 80% accurate. We were told to expect one to day that didn’t arrive, but that’s a rarity.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.