Van Jones explains what to do if Trump refuses to concede

Have only read the BB synopsis thus far (will watch vid later). Presuming the synopsis is correct…well…this doesn’t square w/ what Al Franken told Bill Maher the other day at all! I like Franken’s idea better: the military forces him out.

I think, very much like Jones says, that if they see he’s getting smoked they will suddenly completely fail to acknowledge his precense. Right now, they’re two parasites latched together for sustenance. If the republican congresspeople see that Trump’s on his way out, all they’ll be thinking about is how to hold onto what they have.

See: GWB.

And then, once you’re in, there’s this handy government guide to remove him.

Trump will never concede. Republicans will never vote against him. The Republic is dead.

You should move to another country.

Today.

5 Likes

Yeah, like rats fleeing a sinking ship, they’re already reframing their last-minute argument as “You need to keep a Republican majority in the Senate so Biden can’t just do whatever he wants!”

Which kinda sounds like “Do you see how badly we fucked things up when we had the majority? If you don’t want that to happen again, you’d better vote for us!” to me, but I gave up on trying to logically parse Republican talking points a long time ago.

2 Likes

You know what would be a more appropriate day for this sort of “nothing we do matters” defeatism?

Literally any other day.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Nah, the affront against the people that is embodied by this flimsy “fence” just needs to be burned down.

1 Like

Starting to look like what Van Jones needs to tell us is what to do if Trump wins.

:sweat:

1 Like

If the movie Groundhog Day is of any guidance when you find yourself repeating the same day over and over…

Piano lessons.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.