Vanilla Ice's new refrigerator commercial is not a parody

6 Likes

He hit the 30 year anniversary and has no money? He’s just like Johnny Rotten then.

9 Likes

I’m thinking it would have been helpful if Mr. Ice told us what temperature to use, rather than simply saying to increase it. What if my appliance is already at the warmest it should be?

Anyway, I looked it up and have just increased the temp on my fridge and freezer by 1° to 3° and -18°C. If nothing else it might slightly reduce my ever increasing energy bill.

Oh, I wasn’t claiming that.

Might go for it if it made peroxide ice. Something to tamp down that moldy sandwich scene from Minority Report. And make Campari ice fires, I suppose.

Of course the explainer at the end neglects to do any honors to Europe’s may-be preference for truly treacherous popping cold ice.

10 Likes

Telling people what the proper temp is might be more useful than just telling everyone to raise the temp every time they see the video.

I read your link, and it ends with this gem:
" Blender ranked Vanilla Ice’s performance in the film as the seventh-worst performance by a musician turned actor."
which makes me think it’s not even bad enough to be so bad it’s good.

1 Like

Cool as Ice? More like Bland as Vanilla!

2 Likes

I saw Tag Team perform last month as an opener for Salt-N-Pepa. They made several random ice cream related jokes, and then actually performed the GEICO version of “Woomp! (There It Is)” as kind of a pseudo-encore (after performing the real thing, naturally). They are well aware of how that “damn commercial” as DC the Brain Supreme jokingly called it has catapulted them back into the zeitgeist.

1 Like

And now the commercial seems to have disappeared entirely…

If you’re aware that you’re overreacting; it’s probably a good time to take a break.

13 Likes

10 Likes

On behalf of all of the women, people of color, and other marginalized communities on this thread, I want to make sure we all take a moment to reflect on the ways in which we are not respecting the opinions of women, people of color, and other marginalized communities. Because this is a thread about a wealthy white hetero cis man, so by sharing our opinions we’re disrespecting them.

Or something like that.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.