Vanilla Ice's new refrigerator commercial is not a parody

Originally published at: Vanilla Ice's new refrigerator commercial is not a parody | Boing Boing

It’s only a matter of time before Ice-T realizes how much money he could make by signing an endorsement deal with Lipton.

22 Likes

Individual action on climate change is important, but for some reason, I question the motives of corporations pushing that aspect of it.

16 Likes

Watch Yourself Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

:wink:

25 Likes

I only puked a little bit, but yo he has to pay the bills…

11 Likes

Back in 1990 when I was 20 years old, if you had come to me and said that Vanilla Ice would repurpose Ice Ice Baby to advertise refrigerators, I would have said “Yeah, that sounds about right.”

23 Likes

The difference is that Ice T retained both relevance and revenue; I’m sure it’s occurred to him, though he doesn’t need the money.

18 Likes

They say most Americans are only two missed paychecks away from doing a potentially demeaning endorsement deal.

38 Likes

23 Likes

I don’t hate it.

He should tour with Tag Team in 2022, sponsored by Geico and Samsung.

10 Likes

Maybe Vanilla is just trying to get back in the good graces of liberals by advocating for something environmentally responsible after his maskless New Year’s Eve Mar a Lago show.

Also, I hope “Word to your refrigerator” catches on.

5 Likes

The Tag Team ad was easily 10x better. 0% cringeworthy. (OK, maybe 5%)

3 Likes

That’s straight from the fridge, daddy-o.

Thanks for that ad; I thought it was really quite fun. :heart_eyes::+1:

5 Likes

They put a whole lot of energy into adjusting the lyrics while at the same time not really saying anything about the product. The only thing I really got was something about the light changing with the temperature? I’ll stick with Consumer Reports.

2 Likes

I question their grasp of how heat pumps work. Well, not really. I’ll let the late great Reverend Hicks take it from here…

10 Likes

The Vanilla Ice one suffers from being to long and being played a little too straight.

But I still kinda liked it.

1 Like

He’s way too busy shilling for laundry detergent. Tide Cold Callers | Turn to Cold with Tide - YouTube

3 Likes

I wonder if having to replace food more frequently uses more energy than just keeping it a little colder.

But what do you think about Ice T moving from writing Body Count to starring in Law and Order? He didn’t need the money then.

2 Likes

I do find that deliciously ironic… but I guess playing a cop is different than being one. Just like he was never really in a gang (IIRC), just used some of that imagery in his rap.

2 Likes