Watch: The most disturbing ice cream commercial ever made

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/07/watch-the-most-disturbing-ice.html

3 Likes

Looks like this one just got demoted to runner-up status.

17 Likes

Yea, I was about to say, it looks like Little Baby’s has competition!

5 Likes

Fuck, Fuckity, F U C K! Nightmares are a garentee…

9 Likes

The next Baskin Robbins commercial is rumored to be a collaboration between David Cronenberg and Pascal Laugier.

reaction

17 Likes

Gorramit! Now I want ice cream!

8 Likes

Not Brazil. The set, her costume and haircut are all directly based on the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey, and her “Where’s David?” and the cutaway of the spoon hitting the floor are nods to the movie. Also, I now want to eat the ice cream.

30 Likes

The background music is reminiscent of something from Brazil though.

14 Likes

True that.

4 Likes

I can hear the pitch now: “We’ll gain huge viral traction by splicing 2001’s ending with Brazil, some robopacalypse vibe, center on the ice cream, existential horror and BLAM! 50 bazillion views baby!” Now I want to try the ice cream. Humans want ice cream. mmmmmm ice cream

5 Likes

Halo Top is the diet coke of ice cream-like desserts. Nasty tasting, awful ingredients, and one of the worst mouth feels I’ve experienced. Plus you’ll eat more, negating the whole “fewer calories” thing.

12 Likes

Thankfully, their flavours are completely uninteresting, so I will not have to worry about inviting post apocalyptic robot nursemaids into our home by buying any.

(In our house, ice cream needs to at the very least have cookie dough or brownies or fudge chunks or similar added to it to be considered at all worthwhile. And the very best ice creams have several such additives, of course).

3 Likes

I was going to post this and I disagree, I think Little Baby’s is much, much more disturbing.

Also, I have never heard of, and I don’t think we even have Halo Top around here.

3 Likes

I just watched the video. Would someone please explain what emotion(s) I am supposed to be feeling? It did not make me want to eat the ice cream. OTOH, newest internet meme!

1 Like

Huh, never heard of Halo Top, but that is an awesome commercial.

Too bad about the low-cal pitch though. One of the redeeming qualities, to my mind, of full-fat ice cream is that it has a pretty low glycemic load, lower than many grains, starchy vegetables, and fruits.

4 Likes

Irrelevant. Eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat the ice cream eat̸ ̴the̛ ̶i͠ce ̡c҉r̨e͝am ̕ea͢t t͟he͢ ice c̢ream͜ ̶e̶át ҉th͘e íce ̀c͡re̴am ęat t͏he͢ ̛i͏c̸e͝ cr̷e͞am e̸a̢t͟ t͞he͘ i̶c͞e̴ ͞crea͢m ͞e͜at̡ th͞e ̴i̶ce̷ ćre͢a͠m̷ ̷eat͠ ̸the ic̴e cr̨eám̨ ̀eąt͝ t͞h̨e҉ ̡i̛c҉e ͘çr͢e̶am ̗̲̤̖̜́e̴̫a͉͙̭̥͕t ̴̬̰̠̗͇̙t̜̺͈̹̰̘̪́h͙͈͟e̱͔̬̻ͅ ̵͓̩̼ic͎̣̮̹̤e͚͇͈̦̥͖ ̱̯̞c̦̝̖̯͎r̻͈͎e͈̬͎̫̫a̦͔̦̗̮̻m̞ ̹̱͟e̗̙̙̩̮a̯̜̰ͅț̖̦͟ ̟̪̞t̥̲̕h͕̕e̘ i̴͙c̗̭͖̠̤̖e̺̩̪̺ ͍̝͍̝͞c̘̫̮̣̰r̳̬͕̖̩ȩ͈̩a̳̯̜̟̯̖m̜͍ ̸ea̠̩͖̖t͓̪ ͠t̬̤̲̮͕̼͢h͕͕̳͉̙ẹ͢ ̶̫͈̱͉i̵̦̮͎͕̹̟c̟̙̦̗͓̘̺͝e̺̩̯̹̕ ̺̠̤͜c҉͕͕̠̫̘̖̤r̖̝͍͍̣̹ḙ͚͎a̮m̬̮͍͉̻̜ ̸ea̠̩͖̖t͓̪ ͠t̬̤̲̮͕̼͢h͕͕̳͉̙ẹ͢ ̶̫͈̱͉i̵̦̮͎͕̹̟c̟̙̦̗͓̘̺͝e̺̩̯̹̕ ̺̠̤͜c҉͕͕̠̫̘̖̤r̖̝͍͍̣̹ḙ͚͎a̮m̬̮͍͉̻̜

22 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes

I was gonna say this, too. I’ve seen Halo Top in stores, I think, but it’s got a very small section and I’ve never tried it or seen anybody buying it. Their commercial is amazing but I find it extremely hard to believe that they’re the #1 ice cream in the USA, or even in the top ten.

6 Likes

Long Live The New Ice Cream!

1 Like

Wait, in that robotoclypse future, what did they make the ice cream out of?

8 Likes