Bernie Sanders' Ben and Jerry's flavor: top 10% is chocolate you smash and mix with the 90% below

[Read the post]

8 Likes

Cooled-down chocolate has tendency to be rather hard. The disc, if of any significant thickness, will have tendency to sink into the comparatively much softer ice cream and deform or tear the cup, instead of obediently giving way.

Making the disc as a composite material from chunks of chocolate separated with some mechanically much weaker material is an alternative. Possibly some sort of fudge, or even a chocolate made with much lower melting fat.

7 Likes

Or they could package each pint with an ice pick.

13 Likes

I thought that was part of the lesson. If you want to get anything out of the chocolate layer, judicious use of significant force is required.

41 Likes

The eaters control the means of manually redistributing the fat on top?

15 Likes

Or you could have lots of thin layers of chocolate, like in a viennetta

4 Likes

Would quite happily kill my diet with one if it were real and available.

3 Likes

What? They don’t like my “Pecan Sanders” ice cream concept, I guess?

11 Likes

If there’s any complaint about not being evenhanded, they could easily create “Hillary’s Endless Fudge”.

9 Likes

What a shame Ben & Jerry’s doesn’t have any food chemists on staff. They really should hire you.

8 Likes

What would be Trump’s flavour? What about pumpkin and call it Trumpkin Head. Topped with pecans cause he’s nuts.

7 Likes

The State shall control the means of breaking up the chocolate, redistributing it, and providing the money to pay for it.

Well, it’s a better Clause 4 than the British Labour Party ever managed.

Color scheme is about right, at least. But it should be like the Monty Python crunchy frog flavor chocolates - attempting to swallow it would give you an unpleasant surprise, and probably severe indigestion.

5 Likes

Constable Parrot ate one of those.

1 Like

What about gold flakes to drive the price up without adding to the flavor? And that orange “check engine” light as a symbol of mocking you by telling you something but not enough?

I don’t understand what you want to say.

5 Likes

As I remember (it’s a long time ago) it was Superintendent Parrot.

If there were a layer of solid chocolate on top, I would eat the rich.

Fortunately I’ve met some of them, and they don’t taste any better than the rest of us.

8 Likes

Have you been biting their ankles? Or is this a more …intimate… relationship?

8 Likes

Nah, I just have the ‘eat the rich’ t-shirt. Ché is on the back. I got it in the consciousness raising section of Whole Foods.

11 Likes

Is that where they keep the asparagus water?

18 Likes

Food chemistry and industrial processes are too fun to not dabble into. And speculations are too fun to not do, and if somebody doesn’t like it, well, tough luck.

Reality TV idea… this, spiced up with concepts from Survivor and perhaps Hunger Games.

3 Likes