VERIFIED Mark Zuckerberg defends Facebook's association with Peter Thiel

If you are willing to excuse everything that your preferred candidate has done, then the odds are you are either not terribly well-informed, or not very ethical.

[Added] I do not think there’s been a leader I’ve voted for who has not committed at least one action that I consider deplorable over the length of their career. Trump is a terrible person, but equating support of his political platform to being a supporter of all of his views seems unwise unless our leaders have grown a great deal more saintly.

I had said that support for him shows a willingness to excuse these things, not wholehearted agreement. But you know what? I’ll one up that lukewarm sentiment. When racism and misogyny are not only core tenants of his personality but huge planks in his platform, you’re damned right you are supporting these things by supporting him.

The paradox mostly sounds like a bullshit way of being intolerant. Sounds like the same kind of justification used to promote peace with war. No reason to like what you hear, but you might see something like your reflection on the other side of the wall, and they’d be justified by your shitty actions.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.