Verifying your humanity is harder every day

bus

5 Likes

These are the robots:

5 Likes

I hate when some computer has the gall to tell me that it knows better than I do what a “bridge” is.

A HIGHWAY OVERPASS IS NOT A BRIDGE.

I’ve also been rejected for clicking on every tile containing asphalt when asked to identify “crosswalks” because jaywalking is an invention of the motor lobby.

9 Likes

I was asked to identify which fuzzy blob was a penguin recently and its the first time I wasn’t angry at a captcha in years

1 Like

Back in the days of usenet, it wouldn’t have occured to me I’d ever need to prove my humanity before partaking of the internet… but then, that was a pretty strict noncommercial zone for a long time. I suppose the overhead given to spammers and scammers and nigerian princes is considered an inevitable cost of doing business these days… but I can’t help but think we’re doing it wrong.

3 Likes

Apropos of that; the phrase “tragedy of the commons” is a useful verification test.

If the subject thinks that the tragedy is what happened to the commons they are probably human; if they think that what happened to the commons is what averted the tragedy you’ve got a moderate-confidence economist on your hands.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten requests to verify my humanity after conducting google searches. Granted, they were 20 pages deep, and piped through google translate, but still…

1 Like

I got this one the other day. It wanted me to click the riding lawnmower. Sorry, but that’s NOT a tractor.

5 Likes

Verifying my humanity offline is easy as long as I don’t wear an animal costume. Then, it’s iffy.

1 Like

I just had to do one of those identify-the-cars captchas to unsubscribe from my local library’s mailing list. Is that even legal under CAN-SPAM?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.