Vicious Vancouver coyotes may be high on opioids

I thought it was just me…

4 Likes

To give a little more perspective on the coyotes and Stanley Park; it’s an area covering 1,000 acres at the Northwest corner of downtown Vancouver. The downtown area is surrounded by water on 3 sides. Most of Stanley Park is heavily wooded with abundant wildlife. Homeless people have begun living in the wooded areas because they are concealed from authorities. A significant percentage of these unfortunate souls have drug addiction issues, hence the comments regarding opioids. Rather than suffering from opioid withdrawal, any chemicals generating aggressive behavior would more likely be from crack cocaine or methamphetamine packaging with traces of these drugs.
I haven’t seen a coyote in the Lost Lagoon part of the park in the last couple of years, which surprises me.

4 Likes

Please tell me you had that one in your back pocket, just waiting for this moment.

1 Like

We have a lot of rabbits in Richmond. Do we need to package them up and drive them to Stanley Park?

1 Like

I know those were actually Werewolf attacks.

If we’re in the region of “dozens” of these drugged up canines on opiates terrorising people, then the problem appears to be 30-50 fentanyl dogs.

What are we going to do when they get in someone’s back yard?

2 Likes

That explains a lot.

wile e coyote 90s GIF

5 Likes

Dad jokes are the closest thing I have to a superpower.

6 Likes

Maybe the coyotes are trying to escape the sharks.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Or it could be extreme weather. Rabbits are fast reproducing herbivores (no, really!) and can be hit hard by droughts or too wet weather. If the local vegetation suffers they do, and then the predators suffer too.

Well, quite. Drugs are expensive. And as per the cheese, any fule who’s ever had to give tablets to the dog kno, it’s very hard to get them to take drugs.

There are only a handful of true back yards in downtown Vancouver; it’s almost completely office buildings and condos. Once you get out of downtown there are lots of coyotes in the rest of the city. My dog and I used to chase them down the street at night, a block away from VGH.

1 Like

Yeah I’m always down with more coyote content.

True. Bad weather or a big population boom that leads to them eating too much and there is no food around, or an illness break out, then the rabbits die off and the predators have to go out more looking for food.

According to my research, you can hide them in a road runner, but I don’t think there are many of them around Vancouver.

2 Likes

“The behaviour of some of these individuals suggest they’ve ingested toxins or drugs, possibly opioids,” Alexander says.

Opioids? No. Stimulants? Maybe.
This person has no clue about the pharmacology of recreational drugs.
Morphine wasn’t named after Ares, but after the God of Sleep.

Then again, they could be Coyote Junkies going through withdrawal.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.