✌ Victory! ✌

psst we celebrate that over in the sekret clubhouse…

18 Likes

I am starting to get that

11 Likes

The first rule of … something or other.

Can’t remember the rest all of a sudden…weird.

13 Likes

They’re all victories, no judging or level ups allowed here! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

This one is a slightly mixed bag: a family issue that has been stressing me out for literally a year (more depending on when you start counting) has finally resolved itself. I literally fell over with relief and lay on the ground for an hour when I found out. There’s still a lot of unfinished business, and now I realize I could have resolved it much sooner, but I feel like I can breathe again. It’s unbelievable.

Pro-tip people: Whatever it is. Rip off the fucking bandaid, already.

26 Likes

We’ve landed in Seattle. What an odyssey — not always easy or happy. I relied heavily on the bbs during the past months. Thanks to those of you who offered friendly support and advice.

22 Likes

Good weather for it.

5 Likes

Look what my girlfriend got me!

Can’t wait to go for a walk to give it a listen.

16 Likes

What a difference three days make. What an out of the blue, random, unpredictable, happy set of circumstances fell in my lap.

I just… I just can’t even. Never in a million years would I have predicted I’d end up watching the meteor shower an hour north of Sacramento on a mountain last night. I’m not a spiritual person, but the last few days have really lead me to question my lack there of.

I know this is all very vague, but I gotta call it:
Victory. A long, long string of Fuck Today’s, all of which led me to that mountain last night.

28 Likes

Sutter Buttes?

2 Likes

My nephew, who has been trying to break into the film industry (behind the camera, not in front of it) has received his first screen credit in “Z for Zachariah”! I guess we’re going to have to take this career seriously!

21 Likes

more a fun story and less a real victory, but anyway.

because of a combination of nanny-state consumer protection and paranoia-mode terrorists funding a new regulation forces banks to verify account holders.

I got a letter from a bank that I have to show up because of some account I never heard of*.

and I’m rich now. I mean RICH! my net worth is €87.11 higher than one hour before!

* it was most likely a freebie savings book for newborns with a handful of Marks preloaded - I thought I closed them all as soon as I was of full age but it’s possible I missed this one

17 Likes

Thanks to inspiration from @JemmieDuffs: not only did I start writing letters and postcards, it forced me to realize how many people I care about and how many care about me.

23 Likes

I walked on my own two feet today without any additional support for the first time in two weeks! Huzzah! This gives me hope that my ankle sprain is grade II (partial tear) and not grade III (complete tear).

31 Likes

#@japhroaig is the bomb-diggity; and completely a man of his word.

That is all.

19 Likes

Ah shucks :D. At least I stayed true to form and got lost on the way over (if I’m not lost, someone call for help)

17 Likes

That mashup right there is a victory unto itself!

And @japhroaig: A celebratory overly complicated series of high fives and fist bumps to you, sir!

14 Likes

Grazie!

The journey is half the “fun.”

:wink:

7 Likes

My tiny young son has sent his first Binding Arbitration Opt-Out Request email this morning.
My maternal heart bounces with pride.

23 Likes

I solved the Harper’s Magazine August contest puzzle “Theme and Variations.”

12 Likes