✌ Victory! ✌

I’m confused by all this talk of free auditing.

My Dianetics book cost me a fortune.

18 Likes

Maybe you should be more careful with what you choose to learn. :wink:

5 Likes

This weekend I got my car smogged (pass!), I did our taxes (nothing owed, plus a nice deduction for school!) and renewed my FAFSA for the 2016-17 school year (keeping my fingers crossed that I can get some free monies for school!).

WIN! :+1:

13 Likes

Today made a new route for the modem/telefonie.
Normaly not rocket science, two threads, from a to b.
But, very old house ancient threads, and a dear husband who started sweating by the idea of no ‘internet’ for even 10 min.
To make a longer story short, as you see, it’s working, the new stuff. Nobody dead. :wink:

20 Likes

I empathize. Nothing computer related gets done in my house if I don’t do it, and my dear SO gets put on edge if he can’t get webtubz when he wants 'em.

I don’t know if it’s a victory or not, but looks like tomorrow will be our first snow day, and yesterday, I got the snowblower fired up (as a test) all by myself. The old man insisted that I had to facetime him so he could walk me through it. Silly man, they put the instructions right on the machine for me.

14 Likes

Thanks! Really. Indeed, somehow all the fine lines or fine thin line or precious (no precocious?) software (or hardware) need to be done by me. No problem, most of the time I know what I’m doing. But that sweating around me, gives a edge I do not need :wink:

3 Likes

Great, you could just do the rtfm. :wink: at front :wink: There, you See!
Sorry, completely not meant to be snarky at you!

3 Likes

you would have loved our new lab building in Hanover - some 400 network sockets had to be replaced one week before move-in and going live

1 Like

You, know? Probably would have been stressed out completely, internally, but would have loved it at the end.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why new construction/significant renovation doesn’t include easy access to both electrical and plumbing lines. We know this is important. We know it keenly, but we still bury that stuff behind walls with few to no access points.

6 Likes

maybe a solution too sensible and effective?

3 Likes

Planned obsolescence, on a large scale?

3 Likes

I thought more of inflexibility (we never did it different), but you could be right

4 Likes

One saying is: “There’s never time to do it right, but there’s always time to do it over.”

In building, I think it’s usually more to do with spending extra money up front to have a capability you think maybe you won’t ever need, even though it usually turns out you do.

5 Likes

I installed the new electric dryer!

And I did a damn sight better job of it than the rassin’-frassin’ idiots from Sears delivery were going to do too.
Straight 4" vent duct not that foil bendy stuff, and I installed a strain relief on the power cord as recommended.

I want to replace the 240V outlet while I’m at it - because I fear no two-phase! - but that will have to wait until the weekend. Not going to try to that while it’s dark and I’m tired.

15 Likes

It’s a long and convoluted story… But the family that lives in my shed (it’s a nice shed!!) Just had their second daughter! I can’t wait to meet the new babbe, and the mother and father (while tired) are doing amazing.

12 Likes

Two years ago our son had to have 16 teeth taken out as they had crumbled away, and since then different dentists have been divided on whether he would need dentures or not until his adult teeth came through. It turns out that his new teeth are coming out pretty well and his missing teeth aren’t affecting his speech or eating too much, so they’re not going to recommend it! This is really good news, as he wouldn’t have been able to use the dentures for eating anyway. They would also have been uncomfortable to wear and would have required regular adjustments as his adult teeth came out. Since the other teeth were extracted, he’s been a lot happier brushing his teeth and hasn’t had any new cavities in his milk teeth. I guess he can keep his ogre face for a bit longer!

18 Likes
  • I took a long bath
  • I paid rent
  • I finally got my refill of neurotonin and prozac
  • I cleaned the house, along with my room
  • I had a hair cut
  • I did laundry
  • I made a family style stew as gratitude to my roomies * icleaned up the kitchen afterward
  • I purchased tp
  • I managed to get past my withdrawl symptoms
  • I fed the cats
  • I ate for the first time in three days
  • I took out garbage and recycling
  • I cleaned the toilets

Fucking. Victory.

• psychiatrist visit on the 16th

• need to schedule a GP visit here soon so I can get BP pills refilled

• kicked ass at work, saved them about a quarter million in labor

• peeps at work don’t really like me, but they don’t dislike me. I’ll take that.

• I managed to sleep for 14 hours uninterrupted, without waking up in a cold sweat agonizing about some piece of minutae

• the DTs are almost gone, and I’m finally over that damn cold (I swear it was Whooping Cough Jr.)

• I’ve stopped projectile vomming in the morning over stress related nonsense (omg, I have to find a restaurant to meet a friend at…BBLLAAAARRGGGHHAAAAA!!! :smiley: )

I’d say victories on many fronts.

23 Likes

New shelf and grown up boxes to put shit in so I don’t hide sriacha in my underwear drawer!

Organized closet so dirty othes don’t cover my shoes and it doesn’t take me forty minutes to get dressed!!

It ain’t glamourous but living in less than 70 sq feet without being a slob is challenging.

Eta–one downside is my underoos won’t smell like sriracha any. I may have to rethink this plan.

Eta 2

One of the serious reasons is I had medications everywhere. And I did t feel good about that.

I only take about four daily, and the rest are for emergencies. Some more fun than others :smiley:

Eta 3

I just realized this was happening. Calling @nemomen!

18 Likes

Never mind that, call a cellist, stat!

6 Likes