✌ Victory! ✌

Grad students and their thesis measuring contests.

14 Likes

I KNOW, right!

8 Likes

Oh hell yes!!! Rock on!

5 Likes

Thanks! And update! My adviser sent it to the committee yesterday…

22 Likes

Last night I found out about a Mark Thomas show in Oxford at the last minute. It was about a Labour Club in Wakefield (The Red Shed) which is celebrating it’s 50th anniversary, the Miners Strike of 1984-5 (One of the people Mark interviewed apparently remembered the Miners Strike of 1926) and the fallibility of memory (Did Mark really remember schoolchildren singing Solidarity Forever when marching with the Miners).

I had a good night.

11 Likes

w00t!  

3 Likes

Lincoln City are the first non-league team to reach the Sixth round of the FA Cup since the start of the Football League. When Tottenham Hotspur won the FA Cup as a non-league team in 1901 the final was only the fifth round.

(the quarter-finals in 1913-4 were the fourth round)

Sutton United play Arsenal on Monday. Lets hope for a second non-league team in the draw.

2 Likes

Urgh, football. I still think it should have been cancelled after last season.

2 Likes

It took about ten years for me to care about football again after seeing the Jimmy Glass goal in 1999. It just wasn’t the same afterwards.

Still, if the world has to be broken, at least some people are breaking it in fun ways.

2 Likes

At least they can concentrate on the league now.

Fucking Millwall?

Could rest players by just defaulting on every away game for the rest of the season. No point turning up to any of them.

2 Likes

I was hoping Leicester would manage to rescue something from that. Millwall and Burnley are among the few teams who I have an active dislike of, because of their fans.

2 Likes

At least they don’t have another replay to fit in.

A couple of humiliations by Sevilla and then they can concentrate on getting relegated.

3 Likes

Upgraded my computer today. Got to say doom was easier when the computer couldn’t keep up.

16 Likes

One of my Quora answers (on relative clause structure in different languages) was shared for the first time! Someone even said that it highlighted the beauty of the German subjunctive.

Also, I think Zach Weinersmith is following me:

15 Likes

I have a third date tomorrow.

Third dates are sort of where you figure it out. Im not sure I’ve have a 4th that didn’t wind up with at least another dozen to follow. Fingers crossed, she is something else, and quite kind to me. That’s been missing.

25 Likes

“Millwall, Millwall, You’re all really dreadful
and all your girlfriends are really unfulfilled and alienated”

I’ve literally never heard of Millwall except for in the first episode of Black Books

8 Likes

There have some things named after them that the world would be better off forgotting ever existed.

4 Likes

16 Likes

I found a long forgotten container of kimchi in the back of the fridge, yum!

21 Likes

I have a feeling this Victory is about to turn into a Fuck Today…

16 Likes