✌ Victory! ✌

Looking spiffy! What did you make?

3 Likes

My couchsurfing friend wanted to hitchhike to Belfast airport. Ten minutes later, a police car came and picked him up (and took him to the airport - they just wanted to be nice).

12 Likes

Kitchen refurb?

2 Likes

Frozen pizza.

6 Likes

:blush:Fish and chips. For the boy.

10 Likes

Complete tear down and replacement.

8 Likes

Gala night on German TV. I feel like the least socially awkward person in the country.

7 Likes

Is that like the Proms in Britain?

1 Like

More popular music from a few decades ago. Chris De Burgh turned up to sing Lady in Red, and the presenter put on a red dress and sat giggling on a sofa in the corner. Meanwhile a young guy danced awkwardly while waving what looked like a platinum LP. The show ended with a highland group with bagpipes. This is more of a representational example than the highlight, you really had to be there. It was amazing.

3 Likes

I have oven envy.

(I’ll be in my bunk)

12 Likes

Victory!

And I say that as a fan of a different team who play in blue and have a fox as a mascot.

Anything to add, @daneel?

8 Likes

We were in the same league in 2008-09…

All kind of surreal. I’ve always thought of Leicester as being a bit rubbish, but in all fairness, bumbling around towards the top of the second tier is actually pretty good.

I remember those promotion play-off defeats in the early 90s - (to Blackburn, who also won the Premier League soon after going up after being bought by a rich owner), and then to Swindon.

The happy days of O’Neill, then the shambles of Peter Failure and Akin Badbuyi, and then worse. Going bankrupt, those arseholes Megson and Holloway managing, Milan Mandaric’s shambolic ownership, the Sven-Goran Eriksson malarky… (and there are some interesting rumours about their finances when getting out of the Championship two years ago now…)

I don’t see this being sustained, but I’ll take it. 5000-1 were ludicrous odds to offer. Should cheer up Leicester for a bit - it’s actually a pretty overachieving sporting city for its size - the Tigers have always been good and apparently the Riders are doing well in the basketball this year. And Mark Selby just won the snooker.

3 Likes

So what’s next? Get Leicester Storm RLFC into the Super League?

1 Like

Mr. IronKidd is very upset that he didn’t get to use it first. Very upset.

6 Likes

Double Likes for your kid not needing heart surgery. <3

8 Likes

High Five!!! When my daughter got the money down on her school, it was just amazing the feeling of relief to know where she is going, that it is a great choice for her, to know the finances will be manageable, and just the mom anxiety calmed for a while. I hated the whole process but have to say I was happy with the result for us.

8 Likes

I got one of these five burner stoves recently and I love love love it. I was worried that it wasn’t really worth it when I was shopping, but when I got it delivered, the full grate adds so much space and the middle low burner is way more useful than I expected.

12 Likes

I’m not sure if this counts as an actual victory*, but it damn sure is a step in the right direction:

*Additionally, I don’t where to put it since all the anti-trans bathroom posts have closed, and I’m not too keen on creating my own posts on the BBS; it doesnt seem to turn out that well.

18 Likes

I did a fairly stressful presentation today and it went pretty well. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

We got the email about annual bonuses this week (coming in 2 weeks) and I got a raise, today!

20 Likes