Video: Cops pry off a front door lock before realizing they got the wrong house

As @Amstrad says.

The UK equivalent to your term would be ‘kick the bucket’.

As in “Did you hear? Old Fred’s kicked the bucket.” “There’s a shame. Still, he was 97. Not a bad innings.”

As opposed to:

“I was down 'spoons last night when some eejit spilt a pint on Nosher’s missus. Next thing you know it’s all kicked off, there’s claret everywhere and two vans full of rozzers outside.”

Hopefully that’s fully cleared up any little confusions about UK slang.

6 Likes

A few years ago, a candidate for our county sheriff position made evictions and foreclosures major talking points during his campaign because they are major parts of that job. They handle evictions (locking former residents out) and the disposition of foreclosed property at “sheriff’s sales.” I still remember the horror stories resulting from the recession in 2008 when crews cleaned out homes based on the wrong address. I doubt police would side with the homeowners in situations like that, though:

At least one got revenge! :smiling_imp:

However, I doubt officers would respond well to an empathy lesson involving the locks being removed from their own homes. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I own a rental property and when I was talking to management companies there were gobsmacked that I was unwilling to evict people because of job loss or illness. Evictions hurt everyone.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.