Video from inside Notre Dame after the fire

They voiced their legitimate opinion, you are the one turning this into a moral, ad-hominem issue

1 Like

I do get your point. Sure, this is a dramatic blow to cultural heritage. Doesn’t make me forget that our figurative house has been on fire, from both ends, for quite a while now, triggering neither collective displays of dismay, nor millions in donations. Forgive me if I don’t join in the crying about this old church, impressive and valuable as it may be - I have used up all my tears already on issues that actually kill us.

1 Like

Do you by any chance live on a vegan/vegetarian diet? If so you might want to check your vitamin B12 levels as your moral values are a bit out of proportion. :smiley:

I mean, I’m with you on the loathing of the institute of the church. But we’re talking about a nearly 1000 year old building here. Any building of that age has a certain value, no matter what gruesome things are in its history.

We don’t raze machu picchu because of the human sacrifices. We don’t demolish the pyramids because they were build by slaves. We (well, I) look in awe at hadrians wall even though the romans were the oppressors there.

Your attitude is what gets us iconoclasm.

[edit] removed remark which might be interpreted as calling DasKleineTeilchen a terrorist. That’s not what I wanted to do. [/edit]

How the fuck is this pathologization and comparison with terrorists considered an appropriate post? Why don’t you go check your own Vitamin levels why I liken your opinion to a random bunch of genocidal maniacs. Jesus Fucking Christ!

I’m not saying mr-church-is-bad is like I.S. , I’m saying his attitude is the attitude of an iconoclast. But ok, I.S. is a bit much , I’ll remove that. I was just thinking of the blowing up of the buddhist statues (and the 16th century protestants) there.

it probably isn’t :slight_smile: I sometimes forget that I’m not in a bar with people who can read my face while I say something.

1 Like

sorry to bother, but I just found the “us” pretty presumptuous. just sayin.

really? I get accused to be a super-moralizer? here at BBS? well, thank you.

I beg your pardon? my morale values are out of proportion?!? because I didnt find that picture as a non-believer “profoundly inspiring”?!?

Im sorry,…what?!?

I mean, I’m with you on the loathing of the institute of the church. But we’re talking about a nearly 1000 year old building here. Any building of that age has a certain value, no matter what gruesome things are in its history.

well, I disagree. but that wasnt even the point. its more like the “a 1000 year old building is more important than people”-vibe I get the last days from this. more than half a billion bucks for rebuilding from billionaires in less than 2 days is pretty convincing (at least for me) where the priorities are set in this fucked up society.

We don’t raze machu picchu because of the human sacrifices. We don’t demolish the pyramids because they were build by slaves. We (well, I ) look in awe at hadrians wall even though the romans were the oppressors there.

true. but we neither “build them back as they once were”.

I’m saying his attitude is the attitude of an iconoclast

did I suggested ANYWHERE “let it burn” or “burn down all churches”?!? and I am the asshole here?!? wow.

2 Likes

I agree that the amount of money donated (and the timeframe in which it was donated) is ridiculous. And also a sign that something is really wrong with the distribution of wealth in the world.

But all your posts (I replied to one, but my annoyance was directed at all your posts on this topic) were along the lines of:
somebody says: “such a shame this beautiful building got burned”
you reply: “Disagree, Church evil! Don’t waste money to rebuild”

To me this comes across ass overly paranoid/iconoclastic.

We don’t spend lots of money to rebuild hadrians wall as it was, true. But if it is damaged in some incident, you bet there will be money used to restore it to the state it was in before the incident, if at all possible.

Here’s a link for donations to Notre Dame

to which I replied:

seriously, but no ?!? the catholic church is shitting money

the point was “church has enough to rebuild, dont need donations” not “fuckit, its wasted, so let it rot”

after I learned that the state owns notre dame, the answer is slightly modified to: “state has enough to rebuild, dont need donations. besides; aint they fucking insured?!? oh, they not? too bad, but the people already paid taxes, right?”

seriously.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.