YouTube thinks Notre Dame burning down is footage of 9/11

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/15/youtube-thinks-notre-dame-burn.html

8 Likes

Cue the Right Wing Loonies, they’ll have a field day with that conspiracy.

15 Likes

Well who can blame them? Nobody can understand French people anyway, they don’t even speak English! I’m pretty sure “Notre Dame” means “Nine Eleven” right?

23 Likes

Now you’ve done it…

12 Likes

27 Likes

You Tube is broken.

10 Likes

I think it was the videos of Ilhan Omar celebrating that caused the confusion.

3 Likes

Smoke, fire, and two (bell) towers. That’s 9/11, right?

10 Likes

Even now, I’m waiting for people on my end to still label me a Luddite when I criticize the supposed benefits of the Internet.

11 Likes

I got the same 9/11 Britannica notice for something else a few days back that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11.

I got pissed off enough to write a rule for ublock origin to block it:

youtube.com##ytd-clarification-renderer

6 Likes

The French government burned it down themselves so they could surrender monkey to the terrorists! Look at the pixels, that’s real stone from the middle ages that was pulled on big sleds by peasants - do you know how difficult it is to get that stuff to burn!? Let me tell you something genius, it’s mot easy!

8 Likes

Meanwhile, Tumblr is also blocking images of the fire because their censorship AI is 99% sure the pictures contain female-presenting nipples.

14 Likes

The organizers of Burning Man: Paris didn’t understand what “Temple Burn” meant …

1 Like

The algorithm is stupid.

1 Like

YouTube thinks?

3 Likes

Mon dieu …

On a sidenote, today I heard a woman from the US complaining that everybody in town (Berlin) speaks with a british accent …

5 Likes

They’re already claiming this is an “attack” - that Notre Dame was so important to racist nationalist movements in Europe made it inevitable they’d try to frame it that way.

I’d like to propose a counter-conspiracy: it’s a false flag operation by Christians, trying to blame Muslims, hoping to distract from various church child-molestation controversies, and they disguised it as a renovation-related fire for reasons. (This makes no sense and is therefore a perfect conspiracy.)

9 Likes

16 Likes

America: “It’s all about me! It’s all about me!”

5 Likes

Honestly surprised I haven’t seen anyone claiming it was a terrorist attack yet. Of course I haven’t actually searched, and don’t plan on it.

3 Likes