Video of piano performance has twist ending

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/video-of-piano-performance-has.html

5 Likes

Yeah, I stuck with it all the way through the annoying non-removable pop up for the next video that completely covered the view of the guy doing the playing. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Is he really a ghost?

Or does it turn out the glass of water he leaves on the top of the piano is deadly to alien invaders/ possible demons?

Or is his piano teacher a supervillain?

Or…

3 Likes

I figured he was playing without being able to see the keys as he was feeling for the correct placement at one point… I didn’t guess that that was how he was doing it though

Apparently Freddie Mercury had his bed by a piano like this, so he could reach up and play if he had an idea for a melody in bed

5 Likes

Punchline obscured by poor execution of vertical video plus annoying YouTube popup.

5 Likes

Awwe man! He turns out to have been human all along!

8 Likes

Had to watch twice because I noticed his hands were still lined up right (pinkies to the outside). You can barely see at the end that his arms were crossed over. I would have been more impressed if his hands were on backwards.

3 Likes

I was hoping they were mounted on some kind of animatronic assembly.

4 Likes

The twist was no surprise…from the get go you could see it was filmed in vertical mode. fucking monster.

4 Likes

At first I thought he was playing with L for R, R for L. But his hands are crossed. He’s cheating.

3 Likes

Was anyone else briefly confused/perturbed by the blurred-out fleshy bit on top of the seat?

No? Just me then.

7 Likes

Reminds me of this scene from AMADEUS.

5 Likes

what-a-twist

8 Likes

Unnecessary Censorship?

1 Like

I was hoping for a second twist where the pianist explains to the person filming that if they can play the piano like that, an average person could easily turn their phone on it’s side.

4 Likes

…or that the piano was on the wall and the video was in landscape all along?

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have watched enough of The Piano Guys to know where it was going.