Video of the suspected Chinese spy balloon (aka "civilian airship") floating over Montana

Anyone have TikTok on their phone?

Scoops up all kinds of things.

1 Like

So ok, the balloon has been taken down over the ocean; I don’t think Don Jr. should give up on his dream of shooting things out of the sky. Think of the savings if he can convince red-blooded ‘Muricans to shoot down the moon! It’ll be so much easier to get to once it’s on the ground. NASA won’t need any of their expensive rockets if they can just take a bus there. In fact, I think that ought to be Don Jr.’s campaign slogan when he inevitably runs for something or other: “AIM HIGH AMERICA! WE’LL TAKE A BUS TO THE MOON!” Gives me chills, it does.

ETA: Never mind. That plan involves public transportation and there’s no way Republicans are getting on board with that. Also, there’s a good chance Don Jr. couldn’t pick a bus out of a lineup of buses.

6 Likes

Republicans, including Trump, slammed Biden for concealing a Chinese surveillance balloon and not shooting it down. Well, Biden didn't conceal it and did shoot it down. Now we learn that three such balloons spied on the US when Trump was president, and he totally concealed it and did not shoot them down.

7 Likes

Maybe the balloon just wanted to move to Montana and be a dental floss tycoon?

10 Likes

By Frank, I think you’ve got it!

Freak Out Icon GIF by Magnolia Pictures

11 Likes

The company that sells bulletproof backpacks should pivot to bulletproof umbrellas

1 Like

I know Don Jr. is infamously stupid but I thought he was also supposed to be a hunter. I don’t pretend to be any kind of gun expert but I know that you can’t shoot down something flying more than 12 miles overhead with a freaking hunting rifle.

7 Likes

What if a thousand hunters all fired at the same time? /s

4 Likes

And it’s not like any bullet that reaches that high (not that there are any) is going to have any kind of velocity behind it! Physics, how does it work?

(Was curious – German flak guns had a ceiling of about 8,000 meters)

3 Likes
7 Likes

He couldn’t pick a bus out of a lineup of a bus, three skateboards and one random dog that just came along and joined in the fun.

4 Likes

Today I learned, on Nextdoor, that Biden didn’t shoot it down because he knew it had a Chinese virus but that person is angry that he didn’t shoot it down sooner.

But but wouldn’t that have released the virus over a populated area?

I’m not going to explain it to, do your own research.

I stuck a fork in my eye and asked my wife for a hug.

10 Likes

Those dogs are tricky!

images

6 Likes

Q.E.D.?

Or maybe junior has a plan to outfit the citizens of Montana with rocket packs?

2 Likes

But when it was reported on the internet, those figures changed again to 8400 cubic bananas and 115,000 linear bananas altitude.

8 Likes

I think it would be better if we could quote the envelope volume in terms of olympic swimming pools. ( each containing 2.5 million kilograms of water)

2 Likes

Sir, this is the internet. The only acceptable unit of measurement related to Olympic swimming pools is Olympic swimming pools filled with bananas.

5 Likes

Check It Out Would You GIF by chelsiekenyon

7 Likes

What is she, three years old? She’s wandering around the capitol.

3 Likes

She’d better hope the Capitol Police folks can see straight before they shoot that balloon down.

Cross Eyed What Are You Looking At GIF by BrownSugarApp

2 Likes