Marjorie Taylor Greene says Biden should have shot the balloon sooner because it could have had nukes (video)

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene says Biden should have shot the balloon sooner because it could have had nukes (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

16 Likes

Crazy Eyes GIF - Crazy Eyes Linda - Discover & Share GIFs | Bobs burgers gif, Crazy eyes, Bobs burgers

17 Likes

Or perhaps some kind of vicious bear attack!

35 Likes

I assume satellites would’ve detected a radiation signature long before it got over US territory.

She’s an idiot, but we already knew that.

20 Likes

As much as I pine for a directed EMP weapon, no such thing exists outside of a Batman movie. :pensive:

I’ve said it before, I’ll be saying repeatedly over the next two years: this is not a serious person.

21 Likes

Also, setting off an EMP over rural Montana would be a lot of effort just to turn off a light bulb.

41 Likes

She is really on par with the Bat Boy on the cover of World Weekly News.

Chelsea Handler said she was really like a dog inside a small apartment running around banging its head into walls.

19 Likes

Indulging her stupid speculations for a moment I have to ask… if it might have contained a bioweapon, why would you shoot it down over human habitation marge?

45 Likes

And I’m sure that Empty has a good explanation why a balloon would be more effective for these than a Dongfeng ICBM.

I mean an explanation other than getting a Trumpist to shoot them down over the USA.

22 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

28 Likes

Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

18 Likes

Yep, same applies to a nuke payload or an emp.
Honestly, even though I’m not USian, the sooner this vacuous bag of gas has vanished from the radar, the safer the world will be.

26 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

She’s an even bigger idiot because anyone can see the military got exactly what it wanted. If they’d brought it down over the Bearing sea, the water is deep and very cold, it would have been hard to recover. Bring it down over inhospitable territory, you might not find it all. You can’t really safely bring it down over the continental United States without worrying you’ll hit something or someone’s property. In the end, it comes down in shallow water (50 feet) just off the coast, where it’s easily recovered. Now the military has all the information they want on what China is putting on their spy balloons, AND they whipped up anger which will help contribute to the new “cold war” with China the military industrial complex wants so they can continue to increase spending to sell weapons.

26 Likes

Ah, you see this is where the evil genius of the Chinese plan comes into play. By floating nukes over the US in balloons, they’re not really nuking a foreign power. They are simply hovering these items in the air, gently wafting them around. If the US happens to shoot one down and it blows up, then that’s the US nuking itself. It’s the international atrocity version of kids sitting in the back seat playing the “I’m not touching you!” game and that leaves China completely immune to touchbacks according to the immutable rules of the game.

18 Likes

But what if it destroyed some of the infrastructure that Zefram Cochrane will use in 2063 to make First Contact?

Because Hunter Biden’s laptop? Is that still the go-to reason for the GQP to do or complain about anything?

13 Likes

Nothing says ‘precision strategic weapon’ like a helium balloon.

18 Likes

Definitely when you don’t know how dangerous, toxic, infectious, or explosive something is, you should open fire on it as soon as possible. Why do we even have guns if not to use them whenever we’re uncertain?

24 Likes

We all SWYDT and so does he! :wink:

6 Likes