Marjorie Taylor Greene says Biden should have shot the balloon sooner because it could have had nukes (video)

But we DO know how dangerous, toxic, infectious, or explosive MTG is. I guess the rule does not apply then?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that, because if Empty gets her way that future won’t be happening.

10 Likes

Sure Marge, anything could have been in there, if we abandon logic and reason*. Why you could have been in that balloon! You wouldn’t want the military to shoot you down, would you? Huh? Huh? (Oh gods, it’s impossible - I can’t be any dumber than she is.)

*Like, how does she thinks this was supposed to work? China sends a balloon that we know came from China, to deliver a payload that we would then know was an attack by China. If they didn’t care about being obvious, they’d send it in a missile, if they wanted to be stealthy, they’d do a deniable ground-based attack that could hit a thousand targets of more worth than… Montana.

Haven’t you ever seen a Hollywood movie? Guns magically neutralize any threat you shoot, duh!

I feel like Empty et al are most angry at the fact that the optimal response was enacted - they’ve been denied something real to complain about as a result!

12 Likes

gun shoot GIF by South Park

6 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. Satellites for detecting the radiation signature from exploding nuclear bombs is how cosmic gamma ray bursts were discovered, but before they blow up there wouldn’t be that much radiation.

4 Likes

Now I get it. Empty will deal with them by shooting them down before they get into the US, letting the harmful nuke/bioweapon explode safely over… *checks balloon flight path*… Canada.

11 Likes

Not to mention that the US military now has a better idea of what China wants a look at from the flight path, has recorded every whisper of EM communications and side band for TEMPEST/EMSEC analysis, and probably has enough data that next time, they can just land the thing at their discretion.

I am a bit worried that China, specifically Xi, to avoid losing face, will feel obligated to shoot down something of the United States’ over “Chinese Territorial Water,” which in their opinion covers a lot of territory everyone else considers international waters. I wouldn’t be surprised if an airliner or cargo jet was “accidentally” downed, or even a satellite strike as retaliation, but I hope things are not as hot as all that. If the US has anything unmanned over China or the disputed South China Sea area, I wouldn’t underwrite its insurance.

7 Likes

As for suspected Chinese bioweapons, should Biden also shoot the tires out every Amazon and UPS truck? I mean, if you’re going to send a bio weapon to the US, why not just piggyback it on the $577 billion of Chinese imported goods that Americans use everyday at home and at work? That way it doesn’t get dropped in the middle of a swamp/vacant lot somewhere in america, it goes directly to somebody’s house, and the intended target pays for shipping.

3 Likes

I don’t know, here in my neck of the woods, where people cross back and forth to Canada on a regular basis, if you have any diagnostic testing involving radiation of any kind you’re going to set off alarms.

Doctors will give you documentation if you plan on crossing the border.

If they can detect that small amount while your in a vehicle I would think the military could detect a nuclear weapon slowly moving across the sky.

6 Likes

south park blame canada GIF by Paramount Movies

8 Likes

Shhhhh … It was Palin.

8 Likes

Oh my God. Drop bears are real.

8 Likes

If you peel back the initial layer of stupidity you acutally realize how horrifying the second layer of stupidity is. “It could have had a nuke shoot it down” So drop or blow up the nuke it is carrying!?!

6 Likes

There’s a Pentagon briefing live right now.

About the 2nd object not Palin.

5 Likes

From the brass:

“We’re calling this an object because that’s the best description we have right now. We don’t know who owns it – whether it’s state-owned or corporate-owned or privately owned, we just don’t know,” Kirby said.

He added: “We don’t have any information that would confirm a stated purpose for this object. We do expect to be able to recover the debris since it fell not only within our territorial space, but on what we what believe is frozen water. So a recovery effort will be made and we’re hopeful that it will be successful and then we can learn a little bit more about it.”

The object was “much, much smaller” than the Chinese suspected spy balloon, Kirby said, comparing it to “roughly the size of a small car.” The balloon downed last Saturday was described by US officials as approximately the size of three buses.

So a UFO. Or a Tesla.

10 Likes
7 Likes

How many mins until Marge claims we are under attack?

4 Likes

:face_vomiting:

7 Likes

Not to mention ground is pretty hard and would smash the equipment to tiny bits, making it much harder to figure out what China was up to.

4 Likes

Sadly they only got rid of one of those when they shot the balloon down.

She’s so disingenuous, it’s nothing like the first one they only discovered over the CONUS. Alaska is largely empty so the risk is quite low there.

8 Likes