Video of what it was like at a massive underground UK rave in 1994

These were the parties I heard about when referencing UK underground parties. I was only 1 years old when this was happening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa. That’s some early CDJs there. I preferred (still do) squat party techno to breaks & hoover stabs myself. You ever go to Viva at the Riverside?

That’s not techno in that video :wink:

They did have a techno tent at Event V, as well as a drum and bass tent and a house tent. They had two hardcore tents though, one was happy hardcore (English, not Dutch) and the other bouncy techno and gabber.

I was always short of money back then so I didn’t get out that much. Once a month usually, sometimes at Newcastle, sometimes Glasgow and the other times Edinburgh. I don’t think I ever went to Viva though.

I had an aborted trip to South Shields once, shortly after Judgement Day had been kicked out of the student union. I hade people threaten to break my jaw before I even got in, I found out I wasn’t the only one a few days later. I got the last train home instead.

Aye, that sounds like Shields.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.