Kentucky's Redneck Rave results in meth busts, strangulation, impalement, throat-slashing, severed finger, and other ol' fashioned fun

Originally published at: Kentucky's Redneck Rave results in meth busts, strangulation, impalement, throat-slashing, severed finger, and other ol' fashioned fun | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“America’s wildest and craziest country party”—delivered plenty of “mud, music and mayhem,” including meth busts, strangulation, impalement, a slashed throat, severed finger, car accidents, and plenty of alcohol and other drug-related charges.

And if that ain’t enough fer ya, ya get to take home a dose o’ COVID-19 as a soo-vee-neer!

37 Likes

I would have assumed it was a different Justin Time without the clarification

It does seem that this rave was about as far from PLUR as you could get though.

4 Likes

Edmonson County should invoice the organizers for the cost of emergency services, explain to the public that if they don’e ante up the cost will fall to the taxpayers, and then make some fresh popcorn.

29 Likes

Not a shock at all. I have heard over the years that concert security staff, off/on duty cops and medics/ambulance drivers who work near music venues dread having to work when ‘stadium country’ concerts go on. It’s like a day and night difference when it comes to music genres at these events.

Hardcore concerts, the only real drama is a few sprained ankles from folks who fall down when moshing. Rap concerts, folks know the cops are watching them closely so they stay careful and not to carry certain things on them. Heck even the Paramore/Tegan and Sara concert I went to many years ago at Darien Lake was a relatively peaceful experience with only like 3 or so underage drinking incidents and a quickly disproved claim that someone peed on someone else. Compare that to a country stadium concert at that same venue a week or so later where a bunch of drunk/high people fought which resulted in dozens of arrests inside and outside of the venue, a bunch of car crashes from drunk driving and general tailgating stupidity that overwhelmed staff.

28 Likes

34 Likes

White-on-white violence

15 Likes

Why would they allow a permit for such an event, knowing ahead of time that it would go this way? I would at the least require organizers to carry some sort of full cost insurance that would cover all police and medical expenses resulting from the event.

7 Likes

So don’t the organisers need some sort of licence or permit to stage something like this? A permit that would include specific staffing and safety provisions and mandatory financial fees paid to cover policing, emergency services, etc?

7 Likes

'murica and freedom is the only permit they need

12 Likes

“America’s wildest and craziest country party”

Way too far west for that title. Go East to the mountains, children. The big hillbilly party gatherings take ‘wild and crazy’ to Lovecraftian levels.

7 Likes

I saw plenty of mayhem at the plur raves I went to! Even some meth and mud but very little country music.

2 Likes

Juggalos give thanks that someone out there makes you more respectable.

24 Likes

The Anti-Burning Man?

9 Likes

Impaling Man.

16 Likes

Yeah, the Gathering of the Juggalos hasn’t generated these kinds of headlines, to my memory. I guess Faygo is more respectable than Bud Lite.

11 Likes

Most of the mayhem I saw was between drug dealers angry that someone else was on their turf. Some nazi vs antifa stuff too, when the nazis tried to co-opt the gabber scene, but it was mostly good.

8 Likes

My opinion on Juggalos has gone up over the years, I still think ICP’s rapping is kind of embarrassing, but the community is interesting and unique. And a lot more welcoming than the typical C&W redneck crowd by a long shot.

20 Likes

I can hear their cries of “Ye Haw!” in my head now… HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP???

2 Likes

That’s kinda the joke. They are over the top, ridiculous.

I only own one album, but there are some really good lyrics.

5 Likes