Kentucky's Redneck Rave results in meth busts, strangulation, impalement, throat-slashing, severed finger, and other ol' fashioned fun

Were ther wearing masks?

1 Like

James McMurtry wrote a song about gatherings like this called “Choctaw Bingo.” Check it out.

5 Likes

To this day, nobody knows how magnets work.

18 Likes

ohhhhhh. . . it’s a joke, now I get it.

2 Likes

You can’t have a proper rave without masks

10 Likes

Holy shit, is that Altern-8?

3 Likes

They’re still around, but I don’t think they are doing anything new.

3 Likes

Why mess with early raver beepboops? Just keep hitting repeat.

Though I will say, Underworld is one of the few early electronica groups that gets better with age. Prodigy continues to progress, but a far departure from their raver roots.

This Messiah album is still something I will listen to all the way through. All those great sound bites and energetic beats and synth and dreamy diva vocals - ah - beep boop perfection.

3 Likes

THIS

So captures the whole experience of living on the High Plains especially OK, TX panhandles.

1 Like

One of the partygoers was driving a side-by-side vehicle at the park when he drove over a 2-to-3 inch log that went through the bottom of his vehicle. After breaking through the floorboard, the log impaled him in the abdomen, Doyle said

sounds like a real good ole time. morons.

2 Likes

The better than bad it’s good time was leaving the log inside for the trip to the hospital.

7 Likes

Oldie meme, but so true.

16 Likes

I hate to be the lone voice of dissent here, but I am not so sure that pointing the finger at a bunch if country folk who get together to have fun looks good on y’all. Other than a lack of permitting requirements there is not a vast difference between this and LIB, BMan…(insert favorite festival here) etc…

People want to have fun. We should celebrate people in the Sourh who actually want to get together and socialize. True some of them are not as good at socializing as you may be. The cure for that is gathering together, having fun and becoming less socially awkward heck maybe even becoming a bit more socially aware in the end. Festivals are a good thing for our world on the whole and that includes festivals in places you may not be as familiar and comfortable with.

3 Likes

Ahhhh but you see most probably came in from the suburbs and Kentucky horse farm estates or schools of Southern prestige. Just say’n. Country folk 'ya know.

4 Likes

I am about 50 miles away from there, and I can tell you it has very little to do with not being good at socializing, or awkwardness. All the meth and throat slashing really isn’t gonna be cured with practice.

14 Likes
  1. When people dont have access to “good” drugs, they take “bad” drugs like meth and excessive alcohol.
  2. Note how many drug charges in this article were for marijuana possession.
  3. You will never stop humans from partying ever.
2 Likes

I read it takes 10,000 hours of practice to really get good at something. Really, we need to encourage more of this stabbing, throat-slashing, ODing on meth and such.

8 Likes

Marijuana is ubiquitous here. They didn’t charge people for it probably because they’d have had to cite everyone there. I know more people who smoke daily than people who don’t, so I don’t think lack of pot is causing the meth problem.

I don’t think anyone wants to stop people from partying. I think the point is how different rural America actually is compared to how it is projected politically.

8 Likes

Read the article before commenting on it eh? They certainly did charge people for marijuana as it states. I was not implying that the lack of marijuana was bad but rather that they were being penalized for using it and that accounts for a great number of the charges here.
There were thousands of people at this party. How many of them just had a good time?
Also the thumb injury. Someone lost his finger changing a tire. Big deal.
I think that our collective biases are definitely showing here gang.

2 Likes

Ultimately, 48 people were charged, Doyle said. Fourteen of them were arrested. The rest received citations. The charges ranged from assault and strangulation to drug and alcohol possession.

The sheriff’s office ultimately filed 30 drug and alcohol-related charges. Six felony charges were filed against some participants, Doyle said.

30 drug and alcohol charges in a crowd of thousands, and the cited charges were trafficking. Wasn’t really dragnet, was it? Anyway, if it wasn’t pot, what “good” drugs were you saying they didn’t have access to? Prozac?

I’m just commenting on where I, personally, live. Maybe you know more about it.