Video: Police car is parked right on train tracks with woman inside — until a train barrels into it

Originally published at: Video: Police car is parked right on train tracks with woman inside — until a train barrels into it | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Not to harp on you about this Carla but i think this is the 3rd time a BB contributor has posted this

2 Likes

Train impact at 5:45; just after the officers run away.

1 Like

The video is new though, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I think so. I only saw this previous post:

And don’t recall seeing a video. It’s quite disturbing, though. I wouldn’t have minded never seeing it. :grimacing::pleading_face::cry:

4 Likes

It didn’t have a video then. They released it I think on Friday when I saw it on the news. Fucking terrifying.

2 Likes

I’m surprised we haven’t heard about her suing yet. It seems like she’s got a pretty good case.

1 Like

If true to form, they will likely find a way to blame the victim. Where law enforcement meets the judicial system, they live in an alternate reality.

4 Likes

Expect her to get hit by a slew of criminal charges, a common police tactic when cops are at fault. If they can get a win in criminal court, it can affect the outcome in civil court and even lead to the case being thrown out (“As we demonstrated, the victim was guilty of not following police instructions, therefore there were imperative reasons why we needed to lock her up in a car in the path of an oncoming train.”)

3 Likes

Ticket the train driver for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. :confused:

3 Likes

I’d like to remind the BB best & brightest that cops are literally the opposite: they intentionally weed out applicants with functional brains.

When I was 18 years old I had a horrible, traumatizing interaction with a very crooked police officer that has left me with decades of justified animosity towards the police. To say ACAB for me is an understatement.

5 Likes

The cops successfully made their victim do the dance before they locked her in the path of the train. So, for the cops, the incident has no downside.

1 Like

“The officers involved were congratulated on their innovative methods of brutalizing people of color and put on the ‘promote ahead of peers’ list” - an upcoming news release.

1 Like

Well that’s Reckless Endangerment and perhaps even Attempted Murder right there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.