Video: real life coyote chases roadrunner

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/14/video-real-life-coyote-chases.html

2 Likes

And there’s a wall right there just waiting to have a tunnel painted on it.

18 Likes

"Excuse me, are you--?"
"Yeah, no, I get that a lot."

10 Likes

Way less funny when a real-life coyote gets crushed under an anvil though.

13 Likes

Its sad that Wille E Coyote is remembered for the violence and not his brilliant paintings of tunnels

30 Likes

I expect this to be sped up and dubbed with cartoon sounds in the next 30 minutes or I’ll lose my faith in the internet.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Quick, throw it the catalog!

10 Likes

Meh. Obviously a deepfake. Coyote never gives up so easily in real life!

5 Likes

Came to make sure ACME was thoroughly represented in this topic, and am leaving satisfied. Well done.

7 Likes

That coyote seems pretty halfhearted. Its almost like he has a bad feeling about this, like reliving a bad recurring dream or something. What could it be? Ah screw it, he gives up. You might almost call him wily.

5 Likes

Can’t believe it? I’ll tell you what I can’t believe… portrait mode video in 2020.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s 2020, the internet is more likely to make a racist, pro-Trump meme out of it to own the libs.

1 Like

Coyote so concerned about the shooter’s lack of filming permits that it lost the bird. So sad.

4 Likes

And moreover, fails to catch it.

Definitely needs a meep meep.

9 Likes

Two things I learned today:

1. Coyotes are natural predators of roadrunners. (I’d always just assumed it previously.)

Predators of roadrunners are raccoons, hawks, and, of course, coyotes.

1. The coyote’s original name was Don.

Early model sheets for the character prior to his initial appearance (in Fast and Furry-ous ) identified him as “Don Coyote”, a pun of the name Don Quixote.[18]

8 Likes

Thank you. It’s been way too long since I’ve seen/listened to this.

3 Likes

Ya know what? I don’t think I’ve EVER seen a video post in landscape mode. Quit griping.

2 Likes