Video shows daring helicopter pilot refilling bucket in swimming pool

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/07/video-shows-daring-helicopter.html

9 Likes

Wow! That’s some impressive flying.

13 Likes

The online world (and my brain) needs more of this. Thank you!

7 Likes

he has the right stuff.

7 Likes

I am guessing the pilot might be ex-military. An EMS friend of mine knows one of the life flight pilots. He’s a former Apache pilot and evidently is quite masterful to watch in action and has landed in some tight spots.

8 Likes

Considering how difficult it already is to fly a helicopter, that pilot has SKILLS. Also, is it me does that retaining wall look REALLY close to the rotors?

I passed out twice watching this.

9 Likes

Coming home after a day of work like this, knowing you did your absolute best and it mattered.
That person.

9 Likes

Iv’e seen them scooping from a pool in a creek - they don’t need much depth of water. They had a much longer rope, which seemed safer.

1 Like

Sure is! I wonder whether the helicopter handles differently because of the weight of the water. And of the pilot’s gigantic brass balls or ovaries, as the case may be.

2 Likes

Air Assault pilots are absolutely incredible to watch in-action. I once hooked an Avenger to the belly of a Chinook manually in the Sonoran desert with lightning bolts dancing all around. The pilot didn’t flinch once.

Also: Wow, in looking for an image, this article came up describing my old unit doing the first sling load operation with an Avenger in over 10 years. Just a little over 10 years after I left. I wonder if I broke something…

4 Likes

Huevos at least as big as the water bucket. Must be hard to walk.

Also, what a beautiful pool!

1 Like

He seems to be Portuguese, so what he may have are tomates not huevos.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.