Video: This Titanium Infused Quartz Crystal is Mesmerizing

Well, if it’s thick enough, anything is bulletproof. Of course the lyric, “I am thick” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

5 Likes

Pictures don’t do it justice. And it changes based on the type of light hitting it. ]

Also - if you get a chance to take a kid to a gem and mineral show -do. They have some awesome museum quality pieces to show off.

Well sure, paper can be bullet proof. So can water. There have been examples of a bible or other book stopping a bullet.

Titanium is awesome for its lightness and strength. And it holds up to heat better. The MiG-25 Foxbat was supposed to be a Mach 3 interceptor, designed to intercept the US Mach 3 bomber which it cancelled. But they couldn’t afford titanium skin on most of them, so it didn’t really perform as advertised (IIRC, I am probably wrong and should look this up.)

1 Like

It is just made for making stunning jewelry, but then again, that’s all seem to do this week…

1 Like

I’m the contrarian here, it seems. It turns my stomach to see beautiful quartz messed up with some coating. Millennia of time passed to build an impressive crystalline structure molecule by molecule. Covering it with metal or paint is like defacing a piece of art. I’m equally bothered by dyed agates. And polished quartz crystals are the worst. It’s like taking a Rembrandt and improving it by polishing away the paint.

2 Likes

Totally why I need to see it in person! I’m sure there’s probably a video somewhere but still not the same! Also I’m sure it looks amazing from the inside, too…and it’s a museum!

I take this kid (me) to gem and jewelry shows whenever I get the chance :smiley:

2 Likes

Can’t harsh on someone for their taste, really.

uhm…what was that? I’m not understandng.

So, can I use it to focus animal magnetism?

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you don’t understand!

1 Like

your sentence seems to be missing some words & I’m having trouble
understanding it. Would you mind saying again?

…from an IMGURian who is cleverly named bigpaynis.

I am so disappointed in our cultural choice in how to say ‘penis’ now.

‘Paynis’ is just more fun to say.

1 Like

I don’t encounter others who say it like I do. I tend to favor “pen is” - as in “I say, this pen is flowing quite nicely”. XD

2 Likes

OMG…Dilithium is made when souls get trapped in plain old Quartz!

That’s why they added the extra ‘murder’ step to transporters…because without the millions of dead souls the galactic economy would grind to a halt. They just encourage starship captains to transport more and more often as a ‘convenience’…when it’s really just a copy machine with a replicator at the other end and a disintegration once the copy is verified.

They figured it out because they found Merlin’s staff and the big Dilithium crystal at the tip he used to power his magic.

5 Likes

I want to use it in jewelry I have been making lately.

1 Like

Ahh awesome! I make jewelry too (though I’m not that great at it). Do you make pieces to sell or just for yourself?

To sell, to wear, and to teach…love it…

2 Likes

:smiley: would love to see your stuff! I’m teaching myself so it can be
challenging.

1 Like

Wow… Holy flashback, Batmite. I think I remember that from an SNL skit I must have seen 25-30 years ago.

Just don’t tell Zardoz.

1 Like

There’s a song for that