Vince McMahon hit with sex trafficking lawsuit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/25/vince-mcmahon-hit-with-sex-trafficking-lawsuit.html

2 Likes

McMahon is a garbage human.

21 Likes

I hope she bankrupts him. But it’s a shame prison isn’t an option.

21 Likes

It’s upsetting he’s only facing a lawsuit, and not decades in prison.
ETA:
I owe KathyPartdeux:
Coca Cola Water GIF

10 Likes

Was I the only one who saw him on tv like 25 years ago and thought ‘this guy is obviously a huge asshole’?

7 Likes

Horrible human being…

7 Likes

So not just a horrible sex criminal, a horrible sex criminal who was handed an opportunity to escape public accountability for his crimes and threw it away because he’s a cheapskate.

9 Likes

Well, that old tired “Vince McMahon mind-blown” meme should get some fresh new interpretations.

6 Likes

Keep in mind Netflix just signed up WWE to a huge deal, AND Dwayne Johnson is involved.

Vince needs to be shown the door for good the books need another looking over.

9 Likes

Chrump (Trump) has a new hero…

5 Likes

Hmm. McMahon and Trump have been friends & and business associates for a couple of decades*, and now Vince turns out to be a rapist, and a crook.

You know, I’m starting to think that most of Trump’s friends are not good people :flushed:

*citation - Former WWE CEO Vince McMahon Paid $5 Million to Trump Foundation

7 Likes

That podcast can be found anywhere.

AFAIK the only other person with 6 part series is Kissinger.

5 Likes

Donald Trump Wwe GIF

The primary match on the ECW brand saw ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley (representing Donald Trump) defeat Raw’s Intercontinental Champion Umaga (representing Vince McMahon) in a match where either Trump or McMahon would be shaved bald if their wrestler lost. The match was billed as the “Battle of the Billionaires”.

Donald Trump Wwe GIF

1 Like

Don’t forget Wrestlemania IV and V were held at the Trump Plaza and Hotel.

Except even that was a lie. These events were actually held next door at Boardwalk Hall.

6 Likes

And Vince’s wife, Linda McMahon, served in Trump’s cabinet as Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration.

5 Likes

Also, Vince McMahon ruined pro-wrestling when the WWF bought out WCW (NWA) and basically became the only real game in town… There. I said it. I miss the old regional circuits. This is a hill I will die on.

6 Likes

And ECW, and the AWA (which was already defunct but he bought their catalog and rights), and countless others. And then proceeded to do basically nothing with all these properties.

The whole short-lived “WCW invasion” angle after he acquired the promotion could have been something really cool and special, but it got fucked up pretty much out of the gate. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I was was thinking though, WWE has a long history of trying to erase wrestlers from their history. Like scrubbing any mention of their names, removing their matches, and other things. They completely purged Chris Benoit from their history, Hulk Hogan was persona non grata for a while after his racist rants became public, and numerous others have undergone some kind of temporary or permanent erasure.

It would be a kind of delicious irony if the same thing ended up happening to Vince McMahon in the end especially given how he was deeply interwoven with so many angles during the late 90s and beyond being arguably the top heel in the company.

1 Like

Vince has resigned (again) and an important brand (to WWE) is putting its sponsorship on hold. Yeah, Slim Jim wants some space right now.

2 Likes

Inconceivable!

1 Like

Right, because the POINT was to squash them and make the WWE the only game in town…

They do, and of erasing the longer history of the regional circuits too… classic use of history to make the WWE seem inevitable as the only game in town.

To be fair on that one… no big loss… He turned out to be a garbage human, too, despite being one of the most promoted faces in the 80s… But in reality, the good dudes ended up being the heels (Andre, for one)…

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like