Vince McMahon officially retires from WWE amid investigation

Originally published at: Vince McMahon officially retires from WWE amid investigation | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I am absolutely shocked to hear that toxic masculinity exists at the highest levels of professional wrestling.

11 Likes

Next thing we’ll find out is the whole industry is based on theatrical performance.

8 Likes

Frankly i’m surprised it took this long for a reckoning to happen at WWE

6 Likes

I won’t believe that he’s really taken his hands off the reins until he’s dead. Given how long his mother was around and his obsession with fitness, that’ll be sometime in his 90s.

Even then, I’ll assume it’s a work.

Which I think is the way he would want it.

After all, he did try to kill off his character (by having his limo explode) so he wouldn’t be on TV any longer. That didn’t last long.

3 Likes

This is only McMahon’s reckoning. A reckoning for the company seems to be nearly impossible considering it survived a steroid scandal, a concussion scandal, multiple untimely deaths (Owen Hart should have put on display the pressure to put their bodies on the line, lack of union support, and general lack of benefits), the concussion/untimely death/murderer-suicide scandal of Chris Benoit, etc. It’ll be great if it finally comes to pass, though.

3 Likes

It only took about 25 years to get a serious recognition of Jimmy Snuka’s murdering his girlfriend. WWE fans are the most stubborn and some of the most brainwashed by the propaganda they spew.

2 Likes

Shhh! Don’t break kayfabe!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.