Virginia towns' trick-or-treat laws threaten over-12s with jail-time

Any part of that particular plant genus can miss me; I hate it.

2 Likes

I keep a jar of these in the house…

https://www.amazon.com/Kingsway-Aniseed-Balls-Gram-Kilo/dp/B00U9W7PKC?crid=12ARGQNLHPTM0&keywords=aniseed+balls&qid=1539039103&s=Grocery+%26+Gourmet+Food&sprefix=aniseed%2Cgrocery%2C240&sr=1-1&ref=sr_1_1

4 Likes

don’t forget one of my favorites–tarragon.

4 Likes

You are a treasure, just the way accountants are. If some people didn’t want to be accountants we’d have to have a national draft, and some people would be forced to become accountants.

6 Likes

I remember the last time I went trick or treating, I think I was 13, me and my buddy, all we had were ski masks. We ran around screaming we were the SLA (Symbionese Liberation Army), if you remember back then. Nobody knew what we were or what we were screaming about. It was lost on all of them. Oh well, it was still fun.

6 Likes

I don’t even mind the teens who show up in a hoodie and say they’re a serial killer or whatever. Halloween is my favorite day of the year and I will give everyone candy no matter what.

14 Likes

We would’ve welcomed you with candy even without the puppy. If anyone comes to our door and they are in costume, they get a treat no matter how old they are. We’re just happy they’re celebrating the spirit of the holiday! I actually have more fun chatting with the teenagers, who are always polite and thankful.

12 Likes

Damnation, and I already bought so many old fashioned candy apples and old fashioned razor blades.

2 Likes

That’s… a really good starting point for the plot of a novel, actually.

5 Likes

You’d like my neighborhood on Halloween. Tons of adults in costume, possibly with kids, maybe the kids are somewhere else in the neighborhood. It’s tradition to carry a “traveler” with you, too.

5 Likes

This takes “Get off my lawn!” to a whole new level.

2 Likes

I was ok with BoH…and real licorice is actually awesome.

But circus peanuts are basically satan’s taint.

2 Likes

Isn’t that a fan-fic mythological beast hybrid between a dragon and a tarrasque?

I hear you need a “wish” spell at 9th level or higher to kill it.

2 Likes

OLD fashioned blades. Damn it.

7 Likes

So if all the parents are out chaperoning their kids, who’s at home answering the door with candy?

8 Likes

Well, everybody is required to have a 2 parent family. One who stays at home and the other who gets home in time for trick or treating. Can’t have those foul “single” parents or parents with multiple jobs bringing down our morality by participating!

/s

6 Likes

And we all know how well it works to bring 11-year-olds with toddlers in one group to go trick-or-treating. But that just means Mom didn’t raise them right, or something like that.

5 Likes

At my house I’d have immediately gone to also get you a bag of dog treats too, or maybe some of the homemade chicken jerky I make for my own pets.

4 Likes

That sounds so fucking fun. The SLA is definitely a very funny direction to go in there. Man I love antics. The last time I went trick-or-treating was right after discovering from my friend’s uncle that there was this kind of weed that wasn’t brown stuff in brick form. Good times.

lol, rookie mistake. Keep trying, you’ll eventually get there (and it will all have been worth it.)