Visualization of the world's richest people has a surprise ending

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/05/visualization-of-the-worlds.html

4 Likes

Spoiler! The top three are: Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Vladdie Putin ($200+)

11 Likes

Guessing trump didn’t make the cut.

4 Likes

Big deal. I’ve have more than two hundred dollars in my bank account since I was in my late 30s.

20 Likes

He was right at the start with a paltry $3 billion or so.

4 Likes

Show off.

4 Likes

And that’s being generous. let’s see those slips

11 Likes

That is such a blessed feature that it is surely only a matter of time before YouTube decides to scrap it.

10 Likes

I question the validity of this thing because there is no chance Nostradumbass is worth $3.1b. If he was his tax returns would have been released ages ago…by him…on twitter…bragging how he is actually a billionaire.

18 Likes

Does it seem shady that some of them are credited as ‘businessman’, and one pair simply ‘German billionaires’?

Surely one or two bond villains in there (not counting Bezos and Musk)

12 Likes

Not as much of a surprise as I thought. I’ve heard Browder’s estimate of Putin’s wealth before, and no-one should be surprised that this gangster tops everyone else.

8 Likes

Can somebody explain the significance of the house between Bezos and Putin?

I think it’s to provide a scale to measure the pile of dollars against, but they definitely could have used a bit of explanation for it. The houses kinda came out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Right. Same for the person by Michael Jordan’s pile. Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s surprising only in that Kleptocrats are usually excluded from these lists. If you’re going to include “looting a country while still ruling it” then shouldn’t there also be a number of gulf monarchs on this list as well.

17 Likes

I think that’s Sarah Palin’s house.

16 Likes

No mention at all of the Sultan of Brunei?
“Brunei is a tiny but very rich country on the island of Borneo, and it’s led by Sultan Hassanai Bolkiah, whose personal wealth is estimated at $20 billion.”

6 Likes

Double speed is still pretty tedious.

4 Likes

Wow. And I’d just be happy to be able to
pay off my mortgage.

4 Likes

I was pretty bummed at the conspicuous absence of the House of Saud, especially my man Mohammad Bonesaw Salman, businessman extraordinaire.

Also Elizabeth Windsor, come to think of it.

11 Likes