Visualization of the world's richest people has a surprise ending

Maybe it’s including his value as a Presidential tool?

Yeah. That. That’s why Trump is a billionaire. He really wants to get to Putin level, so he no longer has to feel like the under-earner in the couple.

4 Likes

He was near the beginning with ~3 bil

I use the left and right arrows to scrub through tedious videos, or parts of videos. It’s only 5 seconds at a time, but it helps.

1 Like

and if all that money were evenly distributed, how much would each person have?

1 Like

To be fair, some of those billionaires are “+ family”, so they’re sharing the money among a couple of people.

I suggest more tax cuts to help ease some of that burden.

4 Likes

I think a bit more than a hundred dollars I’d think, but I don’t think it’s more than two hundred, unless you just spread everything rather than just the billionaires (I did not do the math, but just the top three gives 40 dollars to 7 billion, and that number’s off).

2 Likes

J and L skips 10 seconds at a time with K as pause/play
I use all of them liberally

A hundred-millionaire but not a billionaire IIRC.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine what one could do with a hundred million US dollars let alone billions. It’s just wild that this isn’t frowned upon in our civilization. It’s hoarding and it’s wasteful.

16 Likes

Is there anyone on this list who didn’t steal most of it? (Or whose ancestors did)
Just saying, you don’t make this list by playing by the rules.

6 Likes

Regular folks of the Earth are the spec of dust way in the back…

4 Likes

There’s a reason it’s called “filthy rich.”

9 Likes

They missed the opportunity to get Paul McCartney on the list… $1.2B

2 Likes

Apparently he did discuss doing exactly this before his presidential run, I think I read 2014 / 15?

3 Likes

Sure, in the technical sense that the £14 B worth of hereditary properties she owns and draws income from are technically held in trust by Parliament.

How much of Vladimir Putin’s money has his name on it, and not his friendly cellist’s etc.?

9 Likes

The Google guys? I’m pretty sure Bloomberg’s wealth came from his ticker tape machines - though I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a leg up from familial money. Michael Jordan.
There’s definitely a few that got their money from hard work and talent. But they’re definitely the minority.

2 Likes

You have money in the bank?

4 Likes

Tax returns show annual income. They don’t show assets. There’s always a lot of speculation and estimating in any of these numbers that aren’t purely derived from public stock holdings.

Today I learned that my family’s long-standing commitment to not give the Waltons a penny of our money has failed, given that our home mortgage was bought years ago by what I just discovered is a Walton company. My wife is gonna be so pissed when I break it to her.

15 Likes