Visualization of the world's richest people has a surprise ending

What kind of surprise ending is that?! I got all excited for the last one being “YOU” with a little tag reading “rich in spirit” or something like that.

7 Likes

Let’s just abolish billionaires worldwide. No one needs that much wealth. Jail them and take back our stuff.

6 Likes

I kind of assumed it was who it was when the article says it’s not Bezos. Though I was doubting myself b/c they’re deceitful about how they title other people. Not surprising in the least other than the fact I would’ve assumed someone we don’t actually know the name of would be the real power behind him.

I wonder if Trump’s going to sue YouTube because he’s not the richest person on the list.

2 Likes

Give me triple speed, 110% speed and 90% speed and I will be about as happy as I could be with Google (which I admit isn’t very happy, but not completely pissed off with them)

5 Likes

In this case we need

10 Likes

My money is on the bank. I mean, on one bank.

Because I’m betting on which one will be burned down first,* when the proles finally realize how sick and abusive it is for all of these greedy fucks to be hoarding so much ill-gotten wealth.

*Nope, I will not reveal which bank I’m betting on to burn first. (What, you don’t think I should become a billionaire too?)

9 Likes
10 Likes

Ah shit. Time to call my bookie.

6 Likes

This seems like a very long-winded, unsystematic way to introduce someone’s guess at how much Vladimir Putin has stolen.

Also – especially when we’re talking about plutocrats – these kinds of “net worth” figures border on meaningless. If it’s supposed to represent the amount of literal $20 bills someone could cause to be stacked on their lawn, well, Putin has despotic control over the whole economy of Russia so you could argue it’s a lot more than $200bn (and I’m sure he has legal arrangements to “prove” it’s a lot less).

4 Likes

Oh, I was definitely frowning, watching that video.

3 Likes

If all real estate assets were tallied, as well as jewels, antiques, irreplaceable national relics, etc., and then attributed solely to the monarch, then it might get into the billions. Not 100% sure, but just a guess.

1 Like

$1B is so far beyond my understanding. I mean, I could buy more than I would ever need including luxury properties anywhere I’d want to go with $100M. Billions is crazy money.

4 Likes

Or stupid money. Stupid of us, for not shaming, denigrating, castigating, demoralizing and more the people who hoard money like that. Hoarding more money than they could ever reasonably spend, and keeping it from others. It’s sick, but most of us admire and envy people who greedily hoard wealth.

8 Likes

My gut tells me the “and more” part is probably going to have to be a pretty big emphasis…

Yeah, I hope us proles DO get around to all that is implied by that “and more.”

Peace on earth was all it said…

2 Likes

Really? I heard it as “Piss on the rest of us.”

Fun fact: I guy I went to school with and used to hang out with at killer drunk parties is now a Dotcom Billionaire. Have not talked to him in years, but it is a crazy fucking thing to think about.

3 Likes

I took @Spocko ’s reply to @semiotix as a reference to that line from the song “One Tin Soldier”

Now they stood before the treasure
On the mountain dark and red
Turned the stone and looked beneath it
Peace on earth, was all it said.

An anti-war song, but just as well an anti-greed song…

As recorded by The Original Caste: (cued)

4 Likes