Trump’s 17 cabinet-level picks have more money than bottom third of American households combined

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/16/trumps-17-cabinet-level-pic.html

7 Likes

Of the rich people, by the rich and for the rich.

H/t @nimelennar for my screw-up.

22 Likes

Wow, this country’s getting greater again already.

:rolling_eyes:

33 Likes

And many of that bottom third expects the donald to have their best interests at heart. What was it that P.T. Barnum said…?

21 Likes

That would be fine, but they’re trying to govern everyone

So, it’s really “government of the people, by the rich, for the rich.”

16 Likes

I had conservative relatives tell me I was silly when I pointed out that rather than fix corruption in the government, Trump was just going to streamline corruption by getting rid of the corrupted politician middlemen and appoint the corrupting wealthy people for whom the corrupt system works so well.

19 Likes

Something about a sucker being born every minute.

9 Likes
14 Likes

encrushenment of the people.

4 Likes

Let the fleecing begin! (Make America Bleat Again)

19 Likes

We should really just have an administration composed of homeless people and see how that works out.

6 Likes

They won’t after Trump’s done with them…he’s learned the Khodorkovsky Maneuver from Big Daddy Pooty-Poot.

3 Likes

Because putting very unsuccessful poor people to run the country would be so much smarter.

Ah, so instead he has elites and special interests running the country. Basically one of the big things he was campaigning against.

17 Likes

Anyone out of work, struggling to make ends meet, who voted for Trump thinking he’d somehow help the him or others like him is an utter fool.

19 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing! Stick around!

(I’m sure you’re a long term reader who’s just forgotten your old login or just decided to finally comment on this article by chance, though).

21 Likes

Well, since obviously the only two choices are unsuccessful poor people and corporate billionaires who are hostile to regulations and want to privatize everything…

Know what? I’ll go with the unsuccessful poor people.

37 Likes

Yes, there are only two options when selecting cabinet members. You can choose unqualified billionaires hostile to the purposes of the departments they’ll be running, or you can choose unsuccessful poor people. Like everything in the world, it’s a totally black and white binary polarity.

42 Likes

You know, I wasn’t initially in favour of this idea, but after seeing how many people are in favour of it, I’m going to have to start actually considering it.

45 Likes

Who woke up the false choice strawman sock puppet brigade?

39 Likes