Vivek Ramaswamy repeats threat, telling two MAGA hosts that Jan. 6 was a "friendly preview of what's to come"

you tell people they cannot scream, that is when they tear things down,

You don’t say? Will have to remember that

13 Likes

Well, you fascist bastard, you and the rest of your ilk might want to consider what happened to Mussolini…
Or, you can fuck around & find out.

12 Likes

Yale law degree? Yeah - that checks out.

10 Likes

Yes…somehow the part that rankles the most is the idea that he’s talking about riot being the shout of the voiceless while carrying water for the dominant group for the last several millennia. And failing to recognize that he’d be shot on sight if he so much as raised his voice around the wrong Proud Boy who didn’t already know him for the kapo he is.

19 Likes

Lake Woebegone is no more. It’s children are no longer above average, for they are dead.

(Oh, and Keillor is a real POS, but for some reason this was the first fully fictional American city I could think of.)

4 Likes

Just like his fellow fascist JD Vance, and so many others.

13 Likes

miss jay gif GIF

JK, sounds fab, let’s do it…

14 Likes

Last time round, he also wanted to “open up the libel laws” to go after the press. So the republican view on freedom of speech is a bit nuanced.

13 Likes

I have come across a quotation or paraphrase quite often since that fateful Jan 6, re: a failed coup’s being a dress rehearsal.

Whenever someone tells you who they are, or exactly what their plans are, or both, for the love of Goddess

believe them.

11 Likes

10 Likes

I assume he doesn’t mean this in a “so you’d best deal with putschists decisively; both at the scene and in court(for surviving instances)” sort of way. Curious.

6 Likes

With Tucker, sure, absolutely. But I would assume Ramaswamy is rather too brown for that…

2 Likes

You don’t have to be white to be a white supremacist. He was on CNN the other night and his talking about so-called anchor babies and ending birthright citizenship if elected president was right out of the playbook.

11 Likes

Oh, I’m sure Ramaswamy is steeped in white supremacism. I was just thinking that he’s not shielded by WS in law enforcement, unlike Tucker Failson.

7 Likes

This is what kills me about people like him and Trump. Their insincerity is obvious. Glaringly obvious. And I do not, and never will, understand why so many people cannot seem to see it, or just ignore it. Ramaswamy’s parents are immigrant from a country I assume Trump would characterize as a shit hole, and they came here just a few years before he was born. He is literally a beneficiary of birthright citizenship. He’s also described himself as a scientist, which he isn’t. He founded a pharmaceutical company whose business model was not to develop new medicines from scratch, but to acquire the patents to drugs other companies had developed but not brought to market for whatever reason, and then to bring them to market. And the biggest drug he tried to do that with, that got him massive investments from people, was a complete and utter failure and led to the collapse of one of the subsidiaries of his company. He’s still the largest shareholder in Roivant, and that company has never been profitable. He’s a con artist. He’s just been better at avoiding legal consequences so far than Elizabeth Holmes was. And I do not understand why everyone can’t see that. Probably because the media mostly doesn’t report on him that way. They just call him the “anti-woke” CEO as if that’s the most relevant part of his story.

17 Likes

In fact, the city almost sunk into a pit during the pandemic under Obama that was Hillary’s fault.

ETA: fixed a tyop

6 Likes

Meanwhile, fascist brownshirt clubs are spreading around the country in preparation.

8 Likes

He’s not going to thrive in prison.

10 Likes

I suggest we stop calling it a “failed coup” and start calling it the Capitol Hall Putsch.

14 Likes

At the very least we should stop treating it like a one-time event that happened and is over.

8 Likes