Ramaswamy's "downright abhorrent" Trump tweet comes back to haunt him

Originally published at: Ramaswamy's "downright abhorrent" Trump tweet comes back to haunt him | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Minor correction.

21 Likes

Kind of redundant, no?

It’s like saying “mammal and carbon-based life form.

14 Likes

I enjoyed Hasan’s book, “Win Every Argument,” in which he demonstrates how much work it is to prep for even a minor smackdown like he’s given Ramaswamy here.

14 Likes

another sniveling coward. another double talking, two faced, spineless huckster. keep calling out his bullshit.

11 Likes

That may be, but the media keeps calling this guy a successful entrepreneur and businessman, and he’s actually literally a con artist, and I’m going to keep pointing that out here until the media starts calling him out on that instead of on these ridiculous “gotcha” statements he keeps making. He’s primarily running on the argument that he’s a great business leader, which is the same argument Trump made. The media didn’t call bullshit on Trump enough for that, and they haven’t called Ramaswamy out for it at all.

26 Likes

Further correction. That’s the real position this grinning bootlicker is running for.

10 Likes

It’s baffling that he thought he could go toe-to-toe with Hasan.

6 Likes

This is the thing that scares me the most - the two of them together might succeed where either one on his own would probably lose.

3 Likes

What a low cheap media trick - quoting a grifter’s own words to their face and asking them to explain it.

One day the press might sink to the lowest level of all and start conducting properly funded investigative journalism - and then where will we be?

(Add /s to taste)

12 Likes

Vivek (sarcastically): “Do you have my tax returns in front of you?”
Mehdi (holds up tax returns): “Yes…”

6 Likes

Quite frankly, Vivek Ramaswamy’s already lost far right supporters just from his name alone. He’s never going to get them.

ETA:

This is what happens when your party is racist at its base. They disqualify you because of your race.

6 Likes

At first it seems like this guy’s political archetype is the Talk Radio Demon, but I think he’s actually the Homework Shithead: the guy who’s obsessed with “success” and can only conceive of it in terms of asking for extra homework.

Normally that manifests as wonk-pilled psychopaths like Paul Ryan who read Heritage Foundation white papers in bed. But lately some of these robots, like Josh Hawley, have computed that they should be studying spreadsheets of MAGA hashtags instead.

I don’t think there is any mileage in it. Historically, the question of how to get school bullies to like you has never been answered by doing more homework. And it certainly isn’t the way to Turmp’s heart thoracic fatberg.

2 Likes

What “homework” are you refereing to? Maybe I’m not understanding your metaphor correctly, but I don’t think this guy has really studied the many issues that he likes to confidently espouse his opinions on. He just puts out statments that superficially sound smart to some people, mostly because of the way he presents himself, but it’s quite clear that he lacks a deeper understanding of just about everything that he’s been talking about. And people are starting to call him out more often on that.

2 Likes

Donald Trump GIF by Creative Courage

5 Likes

I think every interview with Ramaswamy should start with him explaining his pump n dump activities that made him his fortune.

I expect he would have different explanations every time that will add to any SEC or FBI investigation likely already underway.

8 Likes

… it looks like his 15 minutes of fame in third place are almost over (and Haley is next up)

5 Likes

Memorizing MAGA applause lines

2 Likes

You have to grind these motherfsckers down.

More of this please.

4 Likes

Ahh, so good to hear a sheister brought to task. Thank you Mehdi Hasan!